What's on your desktop?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
7 was already on the verge of slowly being phased out in favor of 8 when I got this computer back in 2012. Before that, my old computer had XP, which, in hindsight, wasn't as great as I thought it was at the time, but I am so glad that I was able to avoid Vista at all cost.

I do, however, have very fond memories of our old family desktop having Windows 98 - that version was so customizable, you could do more than just change your wallpaper and window color, the themes including screensavers, icons, cursors, system sounds, and other goodies . . . I so loved the old underwater theme 98 had; I can still hear that stock seal barking error sound in the back of my mind to this day, lol.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Windows XP was the very first operating system that wasn't Apple I ever got.

Still remember the startup and shutdown sounds as well.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Dreading the upcoming-soon day when I will be unwillingly "upgraded" to Win 10 at work. Already heard how several of the macros I depend on in some of my work apps aren't supported. A step down, in other words, aka par for the course with WinDoze.

Actual desktop image is currently a lovely Queen Anne Victorian against a stormy sky. Old houses are my p*rn.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm assuming that you still have it as well.
no, i have windows 10. the computer came with it installed

honestly i'm still using a version of 10 from 3 years ago. every major update breaks it in some way and at least the version i have is somewhat stable. The only real problem i have is my computer wont hibernate. it just kinda gets stuck and doesnt turn off. but thats not really a windows 10 issue, thats an intel driver issue.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
no, i have windows 10. the computer came with it installed

honestly i'm still using a version of 10 from 3 years ago. every major update breaks it in some way and at least the version i have is somewhat stable. The only real problem i have is my computer wont hibernate. it just kinda gets stuck and doesnt turn off. but thats not really a windows 10 issue, thats an intel driver issue.
Oh sorry.