You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's the deal with screencaps of tweets always being dark blue when Twitter has a mostly light layout?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I imagining things, or have SNL's cold opens gotten incredibly long these days? I mean even longer than other sketches?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Am I imagining things, or have SNL's cold opens gotten incredibly long these days? I mean even longer than other sketches?
I think I've also noticed that. Haven't really watched the show in the last few years.

It also seems like the cold opens on a lot of shows are long. I've seen the beginning of some drama shows my parents watch, and noticed that the title and credits don't seem to occur until about ten minutes in.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Often times in fiction, the second a big rainstorm ends, that means kids are free to go back outside to play . . . never mind that everything would still be soaked and muddy outside from the rain.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Often times in fiction, the second a big rainstorm ends, that means kids are free to go back outside to play . . . never mind that everything would still be soaked and muddy outside from the rain.
I've never noticed that. I can't remember if I ever went outside to play right after a storm ended.

Of course when it happened on Pee-wee's Playhouse, it ended because Jambi granted Pee-wee's wish, so his magic probably also made it dry enough to play outside (and I'm not really sure if it was a typical rainy day or a real storm).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another one: whenever speaking of words that begin with vowels, or even vowels as nouns, you always use "an" before them ("an 'A'," "an 'O',").

However, there are certain consonants that you use "an" before, such as "an 'R'," or "an 'F'," or "an 'H'."

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Here's another one: whenever speaking of words that begin with vowels, or even vowels as nouns, you always use "an" before them ("an 'A'," "an 'O',").

However, there are certain consonants that you use "an" before, such as "an 'R'," or "an 'F'," or "an 'H'."
Yeah, because their phonetic pronunciations begin with vowels. It would just sound weird to say "a F", or "a L".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know what the deal is, but Pop-tarts has been getting stingier and stingier with their frosting in recent years: