The Old Cartoon Network Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still find it a little odd that despite EEE being one of CN's biggest smash hits that they wouldn't be interested in another show from Danny; I mean, after Dexter and PPG, they took anything they could get from Genndy Tartakovski and Craig McCracken . . . but then again, unlike Danny, who works out of his own studio in Vancouver, both Genndy and Craig pretty much worked for CN's studios.

Any Del

Reaction score
Despite the enormous success of EEE, CN has evidently rejected Danny Antonucci's new show.

But get this, you know who else has rejected it? Netflix. That's right. The platform that creators and producers have been praising for years for giving them the freedom to do the shows they want they way they want to has rejected a show because they don't like the way the creator wants to do it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So much for Netflix being the liberator from corporate influence that has damaged the creativity of making TV shows for the past 20-30 years!
This doesn't make any sense. Yet Courage the Cowardly Dog (another one of Cartoon Network's enormous success) is on Netflix.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The first two seasons of EEE got proper DVD releases - with specials features and such - over a decade ago, then CN just gave up on them . . . then again, Warner was never the best studio for DVD releases. The fact that Courage got all four seasons released (albeit vanilla editions with no specials features, and barely even any menus) is astounding.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember that Justice Friends episode where they suddenly had a pet goat for no reason, and at some point, Krunk was being attacked in Val Halen's closet (which almost sounds like an innuendo), so the goat flies in to save him, to which Major Glory shouts, "Billy! Don't be a hero!"

I'm almost certain that's a reference to something, but I'm not sure what - anybody have any ideas?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Remember that Justice Friends episode where they suddenly had a pet goat for no reason, and at some point, Krunk was being attacked in Val Halen's closet (which almost sounds like an innuendo), so the goat flies in to save him, to which Major Glory shouts, "Billy! Don't be a hero!"

I'm almost certain that's a reference to something, but I'm not sure what - anybody have any ideas?
"Billy! Don't be a hero!" Is a homage to a famous song but, I can’t remember it

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I will always have a soft spot for Mr. Spimm's Cartoon Theatre. This two hour block on Sunday nights showcased obscure gems like "Twice Upon a Time", or shorts from the National Film Board of Canada.
That was great, having a government subsidy for the arts.
But over time, as Cartoon Network became the Scooby Channel, these shows fell by the wayside.