Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Not totally. The shooter Brenton Tarrant had a sick hateful mind to pull off what he did.plus filming the attack to glorify himself.
The only way it's similar to the U.S is New Zealand's lax gun laws. It's as easy to get a gun there as walking into Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee.
It won't bring the 50 dead back, but the New Zealand judicial system looks like they'll throw the book at this guy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I've brought this up before in this thread, but this particular double standard continues to fascinate me:

Of all the terrible things Donald Trump has done in his life, one of the things people love to keep dredging up is the affairs he's had with each of his wives, and knocking up the women he was cheating with, then divorced the previous wives to marry the other wives. . . .

Yet, Ashton Kutcher has also cheated on his wife, knocked up the woman he was cheating with, then divorced his wife to marry his baby mama . . . and nobody seems to care, and even act like it never happened.

I'm not saying these actions are okay regardless of who committed them, but it's interesting how it's among the many things people continue to hold against Trump in illustrating what a terrible person he is, while completely dismissing it altogether in regards to Kutcher while he goes around crowing about women's rights and such.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Well Trump is the POTUS after all... if Kutcher was, they would be holding him to the same standard.

MWoO

Reaction score
So... how about that Mueller report, huh?

So much for the impeachment of Trump that just about every democratic leader was calling for in addition to all of the Late Night media.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So... how about that Mueller report, huh?

So much for the impeachment of Trump that just about every democratic leader was calling for in addition to all of the Late Night media.
I was waiting for our resident liberals to bring it up. Their silence isn't real surprising though. What a tremendous blow to the Dems. What a huge boost to President Trump's re-election hopes. Of course, we'll see the same thing from the Democrats and their politics of clinging to whatever they can in the report but what a tremendous setback for them, the late night talks show hosts, the MSNBCs and liberal political commentators (I read Rachel Maddow was actually crying on the air), the Hollywood liberals, et al. At this point, all they have are straws left to grasp at. No more cries for impeachment or claims of Russian collusion can be taken seriously and will only fuel President Trump's supporters even further.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The whole thing that made me disappointed in the Democrats was their misplaced priorities.
They hate Trump so much they would rather see the country suffer than to see him in office.
Maxine Waters spent two years crying impeachment while the problems in Los Angeles (homelessness, crime, drugs, etc.) pile up under her nose.
She was convinced Trump colluded with Russia, she has no tangible proof but by gum, he's guilty alright!
And what did they find after two years of diligent searching?
Zip doo dah.
I'm not Trump's biggest fan, but Congress would have spent their time better addressing bigger problems than trying to satisfy their own personal vendettas.

MWoO

Reaction score
The issue I have is that now that the report is finally completed and there is no evidence at all, people are STILL clinging to the story. Both Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert were disappointed that the president didn't fix the election. They were DISAPPOINTED that the election wasn't fixed. Really?

It's one thing to want to punish him for being guilty. It's a whole other level of sickness to be disappointed that he isn't guilty.

I am not a huge Trump fan either, but I am happy to know that at least he was elected fair and square and that he isn't a traitor. Even if you HATE him, this should be GOOD news!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So here's something I learned. My mom and I were talking about the Trump rally in Michigan yesterday, and she said that she's not a Trump fan at all and doesn't like him as a person.

She considers herself independent.