The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My dad went through a similar deal. He died when he was 70.
After smoking 3 packs of Camels a day (which have more tar than any other brand) every day for 55 years, the damage was done. If he lived, he would've had both legs amputated.
I pray it's not too late for your dad, like it was for mine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Marlboro Light 100s are my dad's choice of cigarettes, but I don't believe he has ever smoked as many as three packs a day . . . maybe less than a pack a day when his smoking was at its heaviest. Up until now, he had been tapering off a little bit, mainly because the price of cigarettes has gone up so much, and he can't justify the expense. But otherwise, he's been smoking since he was thirteen, so . . . I'm amazed he's lived this long in spite of his smoking; I believe a doctor even warned him a decade ago he may only have five more years at most if he didn't give them up.

Nevertheless, I think all of these diagnoses associated with his smoking (and this after he had unrelated cancer last year due to a tumor in his neck), has finally scared him straight.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
After nearly a lifetime of smoking, the consequences are finally catching up for my 75-year-old dad: not only will he soon have to undergo surgery to try to open up his clogged carotid arteries, but he'll now have to be hooked up to oxygen.

At the same time, all of this seems to have finally slapped him in the face, and he's finally trying to go cold turkey.
That stuff's worse than crack. Quitting is extremely difficult from what I've heard (luckily I am allergic to smoke and was never tempted to start the habit). Sorry your dad is suffering. : (

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Do you remember when I said at one point that Alyssa Milano (main person behind the #MeToo movement, famous actor, and voice of Angel in Lady & The Tramp 2) had subscribed to my YouTube channel a couple years back?

Well....this afternoon, I found out it was all fake. It was really just some smarta** kid pretending to be Alyssa who is now thankfully banned from YouTube for impersonating another individual like that.

Man, that sucked to find out. I felt honored when I first got notified that "Alyssa Milano" was a fan of my work but now that I know it was just a silly prank, I'm totally bummed out.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Do you remember when I said at one point that Alyssa Milano (main person behind the #MeToo movement, famous actor, and voice of Angel in Lady & The Tramp 2) had subscribed to my YouTube channel a couple years back?

Well....this afternoon, I found out it was all fake. It was really just some smarta** kid pretending to be Alyssa who is now thankfully banned from YouTube for impersonating another individual like that.

Man, that sucked to find out. I felt honored when I first got notified that "Alyssa Milano" was a fan of my work but now that I know it was just a silly prank, I'm totally bummed out.
Good riddance that the impersonator is gone.

Any Del

Reaction score
Last night is what made me frown and this morning... :frown:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To tell you the truth, this whole month has made me frown.

I’m glad it’s almost over.