Disability Corner

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
You are my twin; for the last near decade OCD has defined my existence (to me at least -- most other people wouldn't notice), illogically ruminating things all the time (thank God it's not germ related). I saw a psychologist and he told me "just don't think about it"...​

Let me say I'm not as bad as I was 8 or so years ago, but you literally cannot beat these things by yourself. I had a rare moment of clarity when I started working my first job in late 2012 where my mind was super clear, I was confident in myself, etc, but I eventually started ruminating things and am back to being a shell of my former self... life is ******* crazy nonsense, and has made less sense to me the older I've gotten, and I've literally just gotten more and more out of touch with reality: I would tell my younger self to hang onto my ego and stop trying to find the meaning of everything (that's what killed me), but hindsight is 20/20.

I know my post is pretty vague, but I don't want to get personal about stuff; as I said, most OCD stuff is ******* nonsense anyway.
Me too. It's mainly religious stuff that sets me off but sometimes it's other things too.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Thank you very much for understanding what I'm going through, Katzi.

I just get nervous to talk about such things to people other than my family and psychiatrists because the Internet is filled with people who make fun of others for having disabilities. I've even found entire websites dedicated to nothing but trolls mocking others with Autism and other similar conditions for being "weird" and "uncool".

I know that sounds very extreme but unfortunately, such websites actually do exist. I have a tendency to worry about becoming a potential target for trolls because people who open up about personal stuff are the biggest bait for trolls to target.

Keep in mind though that nearly everything I posted about yesterday is starting to cool down today. In fact, I can safely say that I'm having a great day which is awesome comparing to how awful yesterday was.
I can understand what you're going through FP. You KIND of want to explain what autism is, but if you do , you're afraid people might make fun of you (even more so now than they did before, right? )
Welcome to my world when I first went to junior high (I don't have autism but I'm brain injured. This might get boring but please read)
I was born with water on the brain which makes my head look bigger than normal. Kids in school started calling me "Elephant Woman" "Bride Of Frankenstein" and a few other nasty things . I figured "OK...knowledge is power so let me tell these losers WHY I'm like this ." & took time out of my teacher's class to explain what was wrong with me. Problem solved, right? WRONG! (whoever has that Price Is Right Loser Answer button on here,press it. ) Problem made WORSE!! I was pushed shoved , someone stuffed a pencil up his butt (without me knowing) told me to smell it (saying it had a freshener So guess who believes it!!:eek:My main tormentors grew up & apologized though. (Besides this was early 1982)
You guys are great kids :smile:! I know you're scared ! But I think more is known about autism, OCD etc.
Kathy (please call me this...I've been around Muppet Central FOREVER .)

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I can understand what you're going through FP. You KIND of want to explain what autism is, but if you do , you're afraid people might make fun of you (even more so now than they did before, right? )
Welcome to my world when I first went to junior high (I don't have autism but I'm brain injured. This might get boring but please read)
I was born with water on the brain which makes my head look bigger than normal. Kids in school started calling me "Elephant Woman" "Bride Of Frankenstein" and a few other nasty things . I figured "OK...knowledge is power so let me tell these losers WHY I'm like this ." & took time out of my teacher's class to explain what was wrong with me. Problem solved, right? WRONG! (whoever has that Price Is Right Loser Answer button on here,press it. ) Problem made WORSE!! I was pushed shoved , someone stuffed a pencil up his butt (without me knowing) told me to smell it (saying it had a freshener So guess who believes it!!:eek:My main tormentors grew up & apologized though. (Besides this was early 1982)
You guys are great kids :smile:! I know you're scared ! But I think more is known about autism, OCD etc.
Kathy (please call me this...I've been around Muppet Central FOREVER .)
Coincidentally my best online friend from another site is also named Kathy, although we usually tend to refer to her as Katherine.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My neighbor had to take a trip to the hospital a couple weeks back and still hasn't been able to come home since. This poor man is by far the most severely disabled person I've ever known or heard of. He has diabetes, heart attacks, kidney failure, respiratory issues, and back problems all at the same time. He's such a nice guy who has always been a close friend to my family for over 2 decades so it really breaks my heart to see him suffer like that.

Katzi428

Reaction score
My neighbor had to take a trip to the hospital a couple weeks back and still hasn't been able to come home since. This poor man is by far the most severely disabled person I've ever known or heard of. He has diabetes, heart attacks, kidney failure, respiratory issues, and back problems all at the same time. He's such a nice guy who has always been a close friend to my family for over 2 decades so it really breaks my heart to see him suffer like that.
Awww no! :concern: Poor guy! Hopefully he'll be OK. I'll be thinking good thoughts for him.Does he have family living with him?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Awww no! :concern: Poor guy! Hopefully he'll be OK. I'll be thinking good thoughts for him.Does he have family living with him?
Just his wife. What makes things even sadder is that his very supportive mother passed away two years ago.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a question about something. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to offend anybody, I'm just trying to make sense of a subject I don't understand at all.

Today I discovered these communities of people called otherkin who believe that they are animals, plants, mythical creatures, angels, demons, inanimate objects, or prehistoric animals in a human's body. No, I'm not talking about the people who pretend to be other species like furries. These guys legit believe that they are a non-human entity in human flesh.

As strange as all that sounds, the oddest one to me and the one that confuses me the most is called fictionkin. These people think that they are the reincarnated form of a fictional character from a movie, TV show, cartoon, anime, video game, comic book, etc.

Would you consider this a disability? Because to me, these people sound nothing short of delusional. But then again, I'm a complete strange to the whole concept of otherkin and have no idea what to think about the whole thing. It's all certainly very odd and perplexing to "outsiders" of the subculture such as myself.

To me, it sounds like you would have to have some kind of mental disorder to believe that you are another being inside the body of a person. Not being able to separate fiction from reality is often cited as a common symptom of certain mental disorders but actually believing that you ARE a fictional character seems like the next level of that.

Again, I'm not trying to criticize anyone who is in the subculture themselves. I'm just someone who's been very fascinated by the workings of the human mind ever since I saw the TV show Brain Games when I was a kid. I'm also asking because I've noticed that all this otherkin stuff is becoming more and more popular (there's even otherkin pride flags and a Netflix original series featuring a girl who identifies as a wolfkin), so at this point I'm bound to encounter or perhaps even befriend someone who identifies as an otherkin eventually during my journey through the Internet and would like to understand their lifestyle without coming across as ignorant or insensitive towards it. If anyone could explain to me what they think the psychology behind the otherkin mindset is, I'd be very interested to hear.