Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

Oscarfan

Reaction score
ANOTHER STEP AHEAD!

Yesterday I went back to the CTW archives. It all went well. I took pictures.
2019 TRIP FOLDER:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18_wdFUCSrw5Nb0xeq8MpwEZSumtRgt8a?usp=sharing

Funny story: Right as I was being told I had 10 minutes left before I had to leave, I hit the jackpot and found an entire folder containing the the memorandum and letters pertaining only to the episode. So, naturally, I took pictures of as many as I could, skipped a few, and took some more, barely skimming through them.

I included the memorandum as a PDF and letters as jpegs in this here folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LPx2plrHZm81TKKHrAv1aspS-8GVfMeF?usp=sharing

Just remember:
You got it here first!
Oo, nice finds!

gravy

Reaction score
Yes and no, Margaret appeared talking about her experience playing the witch and she briefly wears the witches hat and dress (makeup and wig not included) and does the witches voice. I can see why that didn't bother the children
Actually, the reason it didn't bother the children was because it was very strongly emphasized that witches aren't real, and even in the make believe segments she was portrayed less harshly.

Oo, nice finds!
Thank you!

Cookie3001

Reaction score
ANOTHER STEP AHEAD!

Yesterday I went back to the CTW archives. It all went well. I took pictures.
2019 TRIP FOLDER:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18_wdFUCSrw5Nb0xeq8MpwEZSumtRgt8a?usp=sharing

Funny story: Right as I was being told I had 10 minutes left before I had to leave, I hit the jackpot and found an entire folder containing the the memorandum and letters pertaining only to the episode. So, naturally, I took pictures of as many as I could, skipped a few, and took some more, barely skimming through them.

I included the memorandum as a PDF and letters as jpegs in this here folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LPx2plrHZm81TKKHrAv1aspS-8GVfMeF?usp=sharing

Just remember:
You got it here first!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Not only do we have info about this episode but you found a bunch of other good stuff, like stuff from Ice Follies, Michael J Smolin drawings and some info about the unproduced Sesame Street Fever movie that I didn't even know about

Cookie3001

Reaction score
You know what I find weird. Along with the episode 847 stuff @gavry3 got he also got his photo from the Sesame Street Ice Follies show. And I find it very weird that parents and kids hated seeing a wicked witch but in the Ice Follies show not an eyebrow was raised over this...

SERIOUSLY. Parents are worried about their kids seeing a scary witch but apparently this is A OK

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
You know what I find weird. Along with the episode 847 stuff @gavry3 got he also got his photo from the Sesame Street Ice Follies show. And I find it very weird that parents and kids hated seeing a wicked witch but in the Ice Follies show not an eyebrow was raised over this...

SERIOUSLY. Parents are worried about their kids seeing a scary witch but apparently this is A OK
That's hilarious. It totally looks like something you'd see on SNL sketch making fun of Sesame Street lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Sesame Street Fever was really going to be a movie or actually just a special (I should look at the photos). I downloaded both disco albums a year ago and started wishing that they produced a Sesame Street disco special back then (I feel if they did one now it wouldn't feel as special as if it were done in the late-1970s/early-1980s).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
That's hilarious. It totally looks like something you'd see on SNL sketch making fun of Sesame Street lol.
I know right. There was also nudity shown in the special "Don't Eat the Pictures: Sesame Street at the Metropolitan museum of art" and years later parents lost there minds over the Katie Perry incident

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I know right. There was also nudity shown in the special "Don't Eat the Pictures: Sesame Street at the Metropolitan museum of art" and years later parents lost there minds over the Katie Perry incident
The nudity in Don't Eat the Pictures were just statues though. A lot of ancient art features nudity in tasteful ways.