The new What Made You Smile Today thread

cjd874

Reaction score
Playing the saxophone always makes me smile. Right now I'm learning the riffs to "Who Can It Be Now" by Men at Work and "I.G.Y" by Donald Fagen.

I have an alto sax but I want to try the tenor sax in the future because my favorite sax players used it: Coleman Hawkins, Stan Getz, Lester Young, Clarence Clemons, Lenny Pickett, Mark Rivera (of Billy Joel fame), and Robert Martin (from Frank Zappa's band).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sax is one of my favorite instruments, mainly because I thoroughly enjoy jazz and its many sub-genres, particularly smooth jazz.

cjd874

Reaction score
Sax is one of my favorite instruments, mainly because I thoroughly enjoy jazz and its many sub-genres, particularly smooth jazz.
Smooth jazz is one of my favorites genres too! I remember hearing Sade's music on a smooth jazz radio station years ago and instantly being hooked to the saxophone licks on "Is It a Crime," "Smooth Operator," and "Your Love Is King." Grover Washington, Jr. and Bill Withers's "Just the Two of Us" is another great song too.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, nevermind. Sorry, I noticed the mention of what I assume to be another user on Mac, but didn’t realize it was on another page with new posts. Dyslexic moment.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Playing the saxophone always makes me smile. Right now I'm learning the riffs to "Who Can It Be Now" by Men at Work and "I.G.Y" by Donald Fagen.

I have an alto sax but I want to try the tenor sax in the future because my favorite sax players used it: Coleman Hawkins, Stan Getz, Lester Young, Clarence Clemons, Lenny Pickett, Mark Rivera (of Billy Joel fame), and Robert Martin (from Frank Zappa's band).
If I may make a suggestion, you ought to try to learn this tune. :wink:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

I wish I could play.