Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And I checked on Muppet Wiki some time ago and saw that the classic season 6 "near and far" hasn't been on the show since the late-1980s (I can see why it might not have been on the show since around 2001, but the late-'80s???).
I decided to check "what links here" again for its last appearance and saw I was slightly off. It last appeared in episode 2733, a season 21 episode first broadcast in April 1990. That's close to last being seen in the 1980s but the fact shows it was in an episode first broadcast in 1990.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this clip I shared on Facebook in honer of Earth Day? I kinda like this version of Picture a World better than the one in Julie on Sesame Street.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this clip I shared on Facebook in honer of Earth Day? I kinda like this version of Picture a World better than the one in Julie on Sesame Street.
I had no idea there was a 3rd version of this song

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
What is year is this from? That's really beautiful. Muppet composers have always had a thing for deep, complex chord changes, which I really admire; atypical for a "kid's show". Burt Bacharach.

This clip is actually a testament to why the Muppets are so amazing - one minute you can be setting off dynamite and throwing penguins at each other, and the next, changing someone's life in the deepest way possible.

I actually just watched the 1973 version with the laugh track... what is this? HR Pufnstuf, lol? The color combinations on those characters is incredible though.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
What is year is this from? That's really beautiful. Muppet composers have always had a thing for deep, complex chord changes, which I really admire; atypical for a "kid's show". Burt Bacharach.

This clip is actually a testament to why the Muppets are so amazing - one minute you can be setting off dynamite and throwing penguins at each other, and the next, changing someone's life in the deepest way possible.

I actually just watched the 1973 version with the laugh track... what is this? HR Pufnstuf, lol? The color combinations on those characters is incredible though.
It's from 2008. The reason for the laugh-track in the other version is it was a Julie Andrews variety special.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Here was a nice surprise we got for the 50th anniversary of Sesame Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never realized that was a very young Stockard Channing in that Mad Painter insert.

dvakman

Reaction score

It is a Joe Raposo song that was originally featured on the Sesame Street 2 record from 1971, sung by Matt Robinson and Loretta Long (Gordon and Susan). I agree that a lot of Raposo's tunes and arrangements are reminiscent of Bacharach.