Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just to give an idea of just how extreme both sides are when it comes to abortion:

Conservatives be like: "Death penalty to women who get abortions!"

Liberals be like: "Abortion saves lives!"

I be like: "Oy vey gevalt!"

I mean, the liberals' claims are contradictions in terms.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, like I said before, I’m not a fan of abortions personally, but I also know better than to tell someone what to do with their bodies because it’s not my place to tell them, and at the end of the day, I am also very supportive if we’re talking about rape or health concerns, etc.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Before abortion was legalized women were literally killing themselves when they got them because of the crazy **** needed to terminate the fetus. At least now it’s safer. I’d rather the fetus die than the woman. At least they won’t need to enter this messed up world and can remain in eternal slumber forever.

Also, riddle me this: Christians think that kids who die before age of reason go to Heaven anyway. They consider fetuses children, so they’d go to Heaven anyway. Why not just abort all fetuses because then they don’t need to have the opportunity to go to ****? Weird.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's all kinds of backlash going on right now, because so many billionaires across the globe - including here in the U.S. - have been pledging all kinds of monetary amounts to the restoration of the Notre Dame Cathedral after the fire.

I mean . . . I can see both sides of the argument. Notre Dame, although it's been restored and renovated before over the years (the spire that collapsed wasn't even the original), it is a historical monument, and one of the symbols of the French culture, aside from perhaps the Eiffel Tower - any restoration or renovation efforts are sure to be astronomical.

On the other hand, I see where the naysayers are coming from: people are suffering in poverty, among other hardships, even in this very country (again, me being one of them), why aren't these billionaires donating any of their money to help the less fortunate?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Bernie announced today that prisoners should have the right to vote. In prison.
Even the Boston Bomber. Remember back in 2013 (yes, ancient history for some, but get in the Wayback Machine and go back six years, almost to the day), setting off a homemade bomb near the finish line, killing three and injuring hundreds.
Jamala Harris doubled down on Bernie's notion.
Murderers, terrorists, rapists, the creme de la creme of society having a say in public policy. Brilliant.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Between Bernie wanting to let felons vote (including terrorists) and Warren wanting to forgive all student loans (which would cost by her own estimates 1.4 billion dollars) the Democratic party is about as far left as it can be. Why can't either party run a moderate?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The closest the Dems have to a moderate is Joe Biden, who didn't officially decide to run yet.
How ironic Biden and Bernie are the two front runners (and the two with the most money to finance their campaigns). If they were Republicans, the media would smear them to death.
After all, just what we need in the White House is another old white man!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At this point, I just want somebody who will rescue middle class, working class, and blue collar out of the rising waters of poverty brought on by Trump's economy. You can really feel like an @$$hole when you can't even spare an extra dollar - or even just a few cents - to donate to a charitable cause when cashiers are ringing up your purchases because you're the one who needs that extra little bit to help you out.