Dark Crystal?! Freaky?!

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
arrghh patty, to quote homer simpson.."you know that feeling you get when a thousand knives of fire are stabbing you in the heart? i got that now..":wink:

Patty

Reaction score
Hee hee ... :embarrassed:

Like I said, my views on Labyrinth have softened over the years. I do appreciate the effort that went into it; I also dig some of the visual stylings.

But I still think Dark Crystal was the product of a much bigger, more mature, more unique vision than Labyrinth. As evidenced by the lack of human characters.

And as a bonafide Dark Crystal fanatic -- one who waited for Labyrinth with baited breath because of her love for Dark Crystal, I found Labyrinth to be very disappointing when it was first released.

Trust me: I know five Labyrinth fanatics for every Dark Crystal fan. So I realize it's the more popular movie. I just wish Henson had lived to see both films enjoy the devotion they do now.

aria

Reaction score
dark crystal all the way

it's funny how much more violence is in movies these days that thinking back to the dark crystal doesn't seem so scary, but i remember being quite freaked out by the essence sucking part. however that is never the image that is conjured up when i think about what an epic tale of good vs. evil it is. i was blown away and am still completely sucked into the whole world of it.
the labrinth kinda turned me off with all of the overdramatic singing and david bowie's very, very tight pants seems odd for a children's movie. :embarrassed: but i still enjoy it.

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Yeah, I liked the Dark Crystal much more than Labyrinth.

Labyrinth is still good, though :big_grin:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
i drag labyrinth or the dark crystal out of the cupboard every couple of weeks and every time i watch it i pick up something that i missed before..theres soo much in these movies that goes over kids heads...but, i showed the dark crystal to my three year old neice a little while ago and even being so young, she understood the whole 'good over evil' deal..it was inspiring!:halo: