RadioNate & Fozzie Bear...

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
How did you guys weather the storm? Everybody OK?
H~ :sympathy:

radionate

Reaction score
I'm a-ok. I haven't talked to Kevin yet.

I know that where I live (in Oxford) we didn't have more then a few rain drops. Memphis got trashed though.

The radio station is still running on a generator as of right now. Most everyone I know up there didn't have power as of last night, and they are saying it could be up to 5 or more days until it is back on.

I've not seen any of the damage first hand yet. I've stayed put here in Mississippi until this weekend, then I'll venture up there.

you can check out the commerial appeal online to see pictures of some of the damage. It's amazing and very sad.

I'm betting Kevin doesn't have any power, as he's not been on the board for quite a few days. Most of Memphis has been shut down, so I bet he and Muley have been playing card games to pass the time.

Now I'm getting a little worried about him. I don't know what part of Memphis he lives in, but the damage seems to be across the whole city. Beale Street got hit quite back, as did Germantown. :sympathy: :cry:

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
radionate said:
I'm a-ok. I haven't talked to Kevin yet.

<snip>

I'm betting Kevin doesn't have any power, as he's not been on the board for quite a few days. Most of Memphis has been shut down, so I bet he and Muley have been playing card games to pass the time.

Now I'm getting a little worried about him. I don't know what part of Memphis he lives in, but the damage seems to be across the whole city. Beale Street got hit quite back, as did Germantown. :sympathy: :cry:
I seem to remember him telling me he either lives in Midtown or used to live in Midtown so he would almost certainly be without power. So far all the friends and family I've called were either fine, out of town when the storm hit, or I got the answering machine so at least they have power. Whew! I'm still waiting to hear back from a few people I e-mailed though.

I knew it didn't really do anything as far south as Pope (where my best friend lives) but I wasn't sure about Oxford. 'Glad to hear you're OK.

I read the articles and looked at the 'Appeal's pics. MAN! it's just unreal.

radionate

Reaction score
What is crazy is that there weren't any tornados. Just the winds.

I've litterally been in five tornados, and I know both how tramatic it is, and the widespread damage it can cause. In some aspects, this was just as damaging as any tornado I've seen. Mainly because the area hit was so large.

I'm still stunned at the pictures that continue to flood in. And the stories. It seemed like the storm just started and stopped within seconds.

Luke

Reaction score
I hope Foz is ok, he's my bud ! I bet him and Muley are out helping to get things back together !

Cos if anything happens to Kev, i'm on the next plane over there man ....

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
hope everyone is ok and not hurt or anything like that. I hope all is ok!

What exactly happened?
:sympathy:
best wishes to all affected!

from,
Paul

radionate

Reaction score
I won't get up there until tomorrow, and I don't know what all will be in store for me. I've tried to stay clear. Our station is still without power and running on a generator since the storm hit Tuesday. 190,000 homes are still without power since this afternoon. I certainly hope things start looking up soon. It's going to take the city quite awhile to pick up from this storm.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I wondered why Kev wasn't posting. I hope he's alright. He usually posts from work, so if it is only his home electricity that has gone, maybe something happened to him. Though maybe his work place was in that area too.

radionate

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
hope everyone is ok and not hurt or anything like that. I hope all is ok!

What exactly happened?
:sympathy:
best wishes to all affected!
A very very severe storm rolled into town on Tuesday. While there weren't any tornados, the winds were just (if not more) damaging. The entire city was affected. Part of Beale Street (world famous for its partying and bars) is still being evacuated because of a large crane that is in danger of falling from a large arena they are building.

about a quarter of a million people lost power this week, and most are still without. Most buisness areas were shut down, and many still are until they restore power.

The airport was closed for over a day (not sure what that did to Fed Ex shipments, as Memphis is the hub for Fed Ex, and everyone shipment sent via Fed Ex goes thru Memphis).

All in all it was a mess. I've not heard from Kevin yet. :sympathy: :concern: