Grover's revenge?

Censored

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how the Fat Blue/Grover waiter skits began with the premise in reverse? In the early skits, Fat Blue was an unreasonable customer who drove Grover crazy. There were even a couple of other customers who gave Grover a hard time such as Simon Soundman and The Count. However, at some point, they got the idea to turn the tables and Grover became the antagonist and Fat Blue the reactor.

The latter senario seems to be the most popular and well known, but I actually think the earlier premise may have been a little better. The original idea was more in keeping with Grover's character as an exhausted fallguy. Plus, an employee is much more likely to put up with an unreasonable customer than vice-versa.

Still, there are some later ones that I did enjoy such as the one with rhyming and the grapefuit between two buns. I think they may have gone a bit overboard with having Grover and Fat Blue in so many different situations later on such as planes, parks, etc. Yet, it is kind of funny when Fat Blue says, "Is there any place that you don't work!?"

It's all good, but I just think the early ones were a little better.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've enjoyed them all. One thing for sure is that Grover is quite the entrepreneur...or at least a hard worker! Cheers to Grover for working so hard!! :excited:

Splurge

Reaction score
I think Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson play so well off of each other, especially in the Grover/Fat Blue scenes.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Who performs Fat Blue?

I bet Splurge is right but I always thought that Jim Henson did Fat Blue.

- :zany:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yeah Jerry Nelison did Fat Blue...gosh I love that name...it's so him!

roadrat15

Reaction score
"In a hurry to be fed . . .beady eyes and big blue head!"LOL! :big_grin:

Natalie

Reaction score
roadrat15 said:
"In a hurry to be fed . . .beady eyes and big blue head!"LOL! :big_grin:
LOL, which one was that from?

roadrat15

Reaction score
Natalie said:
LOL, which one was that from?
Where Grover the Waiter had devised a way to remember an order and the customer who gave it to him .. .by rhyming.