I miss Guy Smiley

mikealan

Reaction score
I believe that American TV is never showing Guy Smiley ever again.
But luckily, on my first Sesame Street, it featured two game shows with host Guy Smiley: "The Eating Game" and "Beat the Time (the Count version)" (the last seconds are missing).
I also have his last appearance from 1990 where he sings "Air" on the old SS tape from the very early '90's with the old SS theme song.

Now, I am searching for the complete version of the game show "Beat the Time" with contestant the Count. Where can I look for it besides on the new Noggin, which it's just because the 1998-2000 episodes never show him?

prickle747

Reaction score
i have an old beat the time skit with contestant cookie monster....................the count i've never seen.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Wow, I forgot that Guy Smiley was Prince Charming. But then, aren't most game show hosts? hee hee...okay maybe the acting career wasn't the best for him. Although, he was the greatest host ever!!
Golly, I remember seeing him in Rapunzel as Prince Charming. Guess that was a bit creepy, he really seemed to be getting annoyed with her, all that shouting, sounded kinda angry... :mad:
Anyhoo, he's still my fave host. Still wish I could find more stuff on him. I don't even see the Sesame street shows with him on there anymore.
Been listening to the Muppet Radio for days, sigh, still haven't heard him there. Been trying to find albums with his shows too.
I put the Guy Smiley banner on my webpage and the picture didn't show up. Oh woe is me. :cry:

billyk

Reaction score
My sister said that Guy Smiley was on this AM on SS (of course) 8/20. It sounded like he was on there during the Journey To Ernie segment. When I turned on SS, all I saw was Ernie singing a song called Imagination. Now I don't know how Mr. Smiley would fit into that song/sketch. Ernie was in the apartment singing it.

cyclone45

Reaction score
Yeah me too

I miss him too, and the timed gameshow games...(beat the time, bring that thing, Say the Word etc. Could you help?

Ryan

Reaction score
Do De Rubber Duck w/ Guy aired today on the JTE segment from SS.

billyk

Reaction score
Cool. Maybe that's what it was. Don't pounce on me, but I thought that was a stupid sketch. BTW, what was GSs last appearance on Sesame Street (in a new sketch that is)??

ssetta

Reaction score
I think there were 2 of them, both in 1989 before Jim died. The song "Air," and a rare sketch where he took his audience to lunch.

Gonzo

Reaction score
...I don't think I have much to add except that I also love Guy Smiley and miss him too.

For a while in high school (I think it was) instead of cursing, I'd say "GUUUUY SMILEY!!!"

But when I talk the top of my head doesn't flap like that.

Maybe I'll start using that curse word again in his memory.

HerryGrail

Reaction score
There was a hand puppet released by Vicma, a Spanish toy company, in the 1970's. It's a great likeness, better than some of their others, except he has an orange nose. I guess they thought he wasn't colorful enough. Watch eBay and also look on European eBay and toy dealer sites.

Here's a link to a photo...when I asked them about him it had sold (they were asking over $100, a good price as most Vicmas go for $200 or more). Fortunately I was able to find another, and he didn't have any paint loss on his nose, which this one and most others do.

http://www.luluberlu.com/themes/sesame.htm

Good luck!