Latest Newswire Update on Henson Co.

beaker

Reaction score
fozzi3:

>>I'm not large into anime, even if my best friend does a comic book in manga style<<<

hey, you have a friend who does manga styled comics? does he have a site? I do manga comics to!

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/c5200cc7/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/noodlecrisispic.jpg?pfE7X98AO73HL1Cy

Im trying to remember who else does cartoons or drawing on here...I think everyone on here does some kind of art(whether it be photoshop, quilting, etc) I know mr. frogboy does cartoons.

///beaker///
ph33r the wackiness

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I actually like that Disney is experimenting and breaking free from their notorious formula. It is crucial for their survival as a company (and artistically) that they keep trying to do new things. That does not mean that they should forget all about their core audience. I could go for another musical animated feature like The Lion King, and I am sure they will do more later on.

About Disney owning the Muppets and forgetting about them - I really doubt that. I see they will notice the same value in the enterprise as they did with Pooh. There's Pooh everywhere I look! You can't escape the guy! Now they did redesign his look though I doubt that would happen with the Muppets as it would be expensive and unneccessary. And Pooh was already a children's story so they didn't really kiddify him. Will they kiddify the Muppets? That's really the only concern. But Henson seems to be doing so theirselves these days.

I really believe the Muppet catalog of characters will be a strong and permanent force with Disney if/once they acquire them. I think Disney might exploit them too much, but I can tell you this. The holiday following a buyout would certainly mean that every kid would be getting Kermit slippers from the Disney Store for Christmas. :smile:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Frogboy:

Yeah, there'd better be "flipper slippers" at The Disney Store. :smile:

Jessie

Reaction score
They had Sulley ones from Monsters INC but alas, my feet were too big. :0(

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
FLIPPER SLIPPERS!! NOW you have my interest captured! Wonder if I can make me some of those for here at home..hmmm.

Beaker:
www.toshigawa.com
He's one of the best artists there is, in my opinion.

On the boards, there's Smiggy, Frogboy4, and Melonpool who all are great artists. The only ones who come to mind right now.

I'm okay with mine I suppose. As always with any artist, tho, I can stand room to improve. www.rock103.com/crew/funnypages under the Muley icon, and the puppets are at www.midsouthcartoonists.com

Speaking of Frogboy4, if you haven't seen any of his work, I hope you get a chance to. Jamie...where's your link for Beakie?

FOZ

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jamie,

Muley said you rock, too! Then he reminded me of a neat book called Sylvester and the Magic Pebble. It's about a donkey who finds a pebble and becomes a rock. Really a neat little kids book.

Then, Muley kicked me because he doesn't have such a neat book and began screaming for his agent...but he realized I'M his agent, so he shut up. Sometimes, he listens to me.

I don't give him nickel paychecks for nothing!

FOZ