Muppet Family Christmas Question

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count! Went over to www.imdb.com to check out the credited cast for MFC and I found a character which I don't recognize. Their cast listings have Steve Whitmire as the voice of the Christmas Turkey, just so you don't get confused with the character I'm gonna ask about. And then it lists Dave Goelz with his usual cast of characters. And this one character called "Gubber" Who;'s Gubber? In what scenes of MFC did this character appear? If you could, please also describe what he/she/it looks like with as many details as you think necessary to help me know which character it is. Thanks for your help with this and have a good day.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Count said:
And this one character called "Gubber" Who;'s Gubber?
I think that must be a error. I think that it sould have been Boober Fraggle

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, no it's not. As I said I found these cast listings over at www.imdb.com for Muppet Family Christmas. And when I get to the characters performed by Dave Goelz, it says Gonzo the Great, Dr Gubber, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Boober. Originally I was thinking that Gubber was an error too, until I kept reading his characters and found Boober at the end of that list. So the question stands, who's Gubber? In what scenes from MFC did this character appear? And if possible, please describe what the character looked like. Thanks for your help and have a good night.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
It's a typo. People who don't know Muppets like we do let those kind of
mistakes slip by. Gubber,Goober, Boober they're pretty close. Now I need to finish watching Frackle Block and see what Mofo, Fred, Gubber,
and Shrembelee are up too. I just love the Wavellig Fat segments.

- :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Just to let you know there are millions of mistakes with everything at http://www.imdb.com/ when AVMMCM popped up on there I belive they listed Kermit ad captin smollet from MTI! I know it was something like that.

Erine81981

Reaction score
When it says voices does that mean they just did the voices or the whole puppeteering?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Count:
As the others say it must be a typo because I can't recall any muppet by that name.
The only characters that I can remember as new are the Turkey and the Snowman.
I'll take a look at my copy when my VCR get fixed. Haven't gotten it back yet :frown:
And as the others say DON'T trust IMDB 100% theres alot of errors in it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So should I just forget about "Gubber"? The thing is that though I know that any website can have errors in the information it presents, I've been relying on www.imdb.com for the movie cast extras from the Henson productions posted in my Muppet Listings. If you guys spot anything there that is inherently incorrect and feel must be checked, let me know what and why you feel it should be changed and with what information it should be changed for. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Photographer?

Hi!

Maybe Gubber is the name of the photographer that appears next to Miss Piggy during her photo session... What do you think?

Thank you!