Muppet Family Christmas Question

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that bit of information. The only thing that would complete that possibility as truthful would be, was Miss Piggy's fashion photographer performed by Dave Goelz himself? And who portrayed Jerome, her chauffeur?
Thanks for your help and have a pleasant morrow.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
IIRC, Jerome was never on camera. He was simply referred to by Miss Piggy to Kermit (via phone) in the phone booth, then yelled at by Piggy as she pushed the rear of the car.

Piggy pushin' a limo in muddy snow---> :mad:

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks for that bit of information. The only thing that would complete that possibility as truthful would be, was Miss Piggy's fashion photographer performed by Dave Goelz himself?
Well... Not necessarly... All of Dave's characteres have been listed because he does their voices, right? Maybe, he also did the photographer voice - you have to admit that it sounds muppety:

- Give me the shoulder! Oh! Do that powdy (?) thing!

I think that might be it - he did the voice of Gubber, the Photographer but he didn't lend his body and that is why Gubber is listed as a voice characterization together with Dave's Muppets...

Thank you!

Ryan

Reaction score
Lorde Pompeo said:
Well... Not necessarly... All of Dave's characteres have been listed because he does their voices, right? Maybe, he also did the photographer voice - you have to admit that it sounds muppety:

- Give me the shoulder! Oh! Do that powdy (?) thing!

I think that might be it - he did the voice of Gubber, the Photographer but he didn't lend his body and that is why Gubber is listed as a voice characterization together with Dave's Muppets...

Thank you!
I can gaurantee you that the photographer is not Dave. IMDB is known for their mistakes. This is obviously a mess up.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, like I said in another thread, I do rely upon www.imdb.com for the names of live actors and actresses who have performed certain characters in the Muppet shows and movies. However, it's not necessarily a restriction upon Dave Goelz' listed characters of just providing the voice for said characters. It could be that he did indeed portray the role of the photographer in MFC and that's why it got listed with the rest of his Muppet characters. But then again, like Ryan says and I hope he can provide the evidence as to why, it's also possible that the name of "Gubber" was just a mistake from the website itself. And on that note, Ryan if you're still online, why do you say that Dave Goelz didn't portray the role of the photographer from MFC? If you know who did, please post it here to add it to my listings. And as I also said before, if there's something inherently wrong with my list, please help me out by providing the reasons as to why it's a mistake and how it would be best corrected. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ryan said:
I can gaurantee you that the photographer is not Dave. IMDB is known for their mistakes. This is obviously a mess up.

He's partially right... he's just the wrong Dave. Maybe he meant David Rudman... I can recall it was him... gotta go check!

Maybe someone put Gubber instead of Gobo, mistaking David Golez with Jerry Nelson... best I can do! :smirk: