Jim Henson props

beaker20

Reaction score
I am looking for any props from The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Neverending Story, any of the Muppet Movies or the Muppet Show. If anyone has some information where i might be able to locate something it would be helpful.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Best bet is probably ebay. I know more and more props from movies and TV shows are showing up on there (I recently lost out on a chair from MST3k I really wanted). Honestly though, I don't know how much Muppet stuff is out there - I think that they retain a lot of stuff.

Then again, there was that guy who kept trying to auction off the Electric Mayhem bus... :crazy:

beaker20

Reaction score
I've checked ebay and there really is nothing of great interest to me as far as props go. I've been told by a couple of reputable prop dealers that The Henson Company has either trashed alot of stuff after production or is locked away. I have been told that there is stuff floating around but it's hard to find. Another question i want to know is if the stuff that is in the market is anything significant. I am hoping to find major character props. I found a Gonzo nose that was used in Muppets in Space which i think is pretty cool but i kinda want to holdout in hoping something great surfaces. Thanks for the reply and your input.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I would guess there wouldnt be a great deal made available to the public, there is probably lots of stuff in movie museums or restaurants etc, and Im sure the henson family would have heaps of stuff aswell as the company. :smile:

beaker20

Reaction score
I also contacted The Jim Henson Creature Shop in Burbank about props so i hope they email me back sometime this week.

beaker20

Reaction score
I was looking at that auction as well. I'm not to sure on the authenticity of that piece though. I am still waiting to hear back from the seller.

BJC899

Reaction score
beaker20 said:
I was looking at that auction as well. I'm not to sure on the authenticity of that piece though. I am still waiting to hear back from the seller.
What did you say to the seller? It says in the discript, that is garantied (sp?) authentic for a lifetime.

beaker20

Reaction score
I asked if it came with a COA from the studio or the prop master. I asked a couple other questions but i just can't remember right now.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
BJC899 said:
This auction is great.

eBay Auction For Gonzo's Nose

I might bid, I have to see.
That would be nice to have but I dont know if it would be worth that much money, I dont think I would pay that much even if I had that much hanging around.

Just make your own one out of paper mache and noone will know the difference, lol. only joking :stick_out_tongue: