Latest Newswire Update on Henson Co.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Re: Tera

Originally posted by Jessie
Just out of curiosity, why have you watched Atlantis more than 20 times?

I agree that the Pooh ride is very cheap and I was heartbroken that they took out Mr. Toad's, but I don't think that MGM "sucks." If I remember correctly, they have the new Rocking Rollercoaster which was a lot of fun (0-60 in 3 seconds or something), plus they have Indiana Jones, the Behind the Scenes ride, and the Tower of Terror. And plus MGM is the only place where Mulan can be found.

Personally, when I went to Islands of Adventure, I spent the least time in Suess World. I love Dr. Suess, but I just wasn't in to seeing it as a theme park. I guess for the same reason that I wouldn't go to Harry Potter world whenever they get it finished in England...

I feel ya there "MR. Toads' ride was great and my famliy and i loved it, the Pooh ride is Ok, not the best, but OK (We went last year in the summer). After that we went to Universal and the Island of Adventure and let me tell u my family and me and NOT really in joy Universal all that much heres why....

1. The poeple in the costomes like Rugrats, or scooby doo, or Rocky and Bullwinkel don't like to take pitchers with you and are NOT real fun to hang with! and that made my little brother (10) and my 3 little cozins (5,8,3,) upset and my aunt was REALLY upset off.

2. Dr Suess world IS Soooo kiddish, and weard (witch kindad scared me) them Fish look Odd and that Cat Ooooo let me tell you VARY touchie fellie (sick)

so we went right back to Disney a.s.a.p. and stade there for the rest of that week. and I don't think Universal is a good place for the Muppets point blank, way toooo much of a kiddie park (exsep, Jaws and king kong).
And at Disney the costome cartoons were vary exsiding to be with FUNNY, all ways happy and toke our pitchers with them and it was GREAT to be there!!! we WE ALL loved MV3D we went 5 time before we left.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i agree, Disney would never drop the Henson Company name if they could help it. There would just likely be two 'sting' graphics at the end, Henson's first and then Disney's. There is the fairly unlikely exception that if EMTV were to go bankrupt and the liquidators split the company up, then Disney (if they bought just the characters) might not have the right to use certain company names.

As to them staying on Fox if Disney bought the brand, yes, likely for the first season that has already been commisioned but may well change after that.

Jessie

Reaction score
Stevie

We got acousted by a character at Disney though...he was dressed up as some bear by Splash Mountain and let me just say it was scary. Other than that my Disney expereineces have been great.