Denny's Commercials

CountCrow4

Reaction score
I was sitting in the chair at my dentists' office today when I heard the voices of Kermit and Piggy over the faint radio playing in the background. Although the volume on the radio was low, it seemed that Piggy's voice was accurate. Did Frank Oz do the voice, or has somebody else taken over Piggy?

Thanks!
Don

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I haven't seen/heard any of these ads yet, so I have no idea what Piggy sounds like.

However, Miss Piggy was recently on Hollywood Squares, and she was performed by Eric Jacobson. He did a wonderful job.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eric does Piggy for the Denny's commercials. Seen several of them so far and they are good.

W

Wembley Fraggle

Hello,

I believe it's only 1 Denny's commercial. Denny's has had alot of commercials in the past, and they are all starring famous TV couples. George Jefferson & Luies Jefferson, The parents of Jerry Seinfeld (from the tv series) and now Kermit & Piggy.

Anyways I have only seen 2 of the commercails with Kermit & Piggy and they were the same thing only extra little lines added in. So I'm pretty sure you may be mistaken it for 2 commercails because of that. But who knows maybe they'll be Denny's new icons, I mean afterall a pig and frog, thats very appealing for a restaurant :smile:

Kedrick

Reaction score
Just saw the Denny's commercial, and that is DEFINITELY not Frank Oz. The person doing her voice was decent...but I'm not liking it. Going to take some getting used to.

Clint

Ryan

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has not seen these? I'm the only person in the household who has not seen it...have pity for me...:frown:

W

Wembley Fraggle

I don't like the new Miss Piggy voice either. I think a fan could immitate her better then that. Same with the new Grover voice.

-Josh

BoomShaKaLaKa

Reaction score
I like Eric's voices for both Grover and Piggy. He does a great job of not only capturing the SOUND of the voice, but also the NUANCES of it, as well. Miss Piggy has an attitude that Frank developed in her, and Eric's voice seems to have the same "edge".

Well done, Henson folks!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get some people sayin' that is "SO" not Frank's voice, and it's not a good Piggy---it's a great nowadays Frank piggy, cause, let's face it---he was losin' it.

Not that talent or anything, but that classic Piggy voice from the good ol' TMS days. You can tell in her recent voicings that Frank's voice for her is aging and changing, since he is human.

I think to most people the Eric voice in the Denny's ad is just fine---coulda fooled me, and I'm a Muppet fan.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I think to most people the Eric voice in the Denny's ad is just fine---coulda fooled me, and I'm a Muppet fan<<

agreed! piggy and kermit, as seen in the new dennys and that week on hollywood squares are as hip and funny as ever (and they never lost the chemistry it seems either).

hats off to eric and steve! and raise your hand if it would just put a big ol grin on your face to see ol brown ears back in some capacity soon? Bill's Rowlf debut at the mfest show was amazing, as I'm hoping more MIA characters get appearences soon.

Does anyone know if anymore Muppets are planned to appear on Denny's commercials, or if Muppet merchandise is coming to Dennys?

///beaker///