Denny's Commercials

bizarreblair

Reaction score
I live in Chicago and I thought I recognized the waitress in the Piggy/Kermit Denny's commercial. Turns out...I did! There's a local tv show over here called "Wild Chicago" in which the funny and talented staff showcases quirky area businesses, celebrations, conventions, etc... Well I swore the waitress in the Denny's commercial (red hair, taking Piggy & Kermit's order) was one of the reporters for this show, although my wife disagreed. Well, we have a friend who is an intern on the show & my wife happened to have lunch with her today...Lo and behold I was right. She talked about how the Henson people were "very protective" of the Muppets in the sense that no food/drinks were allowed ANYWHERE near them. She said there is a woman whose job it is to "primp" the Muppets before the appearances, and she also mentioned that there is usually only one of each Muppet in existence (which we knew). Just thought I'd pass this info along. I haven't gotten a chance to talk with her, so I may have more "inside stuff" in the future. Oh yeah, she said the actress only had a 13 week contract, so she doesn't expect to see the commercials anymore!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info! Very interesting!!!!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I was told by one of the Denny's workers that the permotion ends september 15.

Zack)Rowlf the, and if they still have the kermit cardboard thing i can have it then, i don't think it will last that long,Dog.

The Gobeek

Reaction score
These commercials disturb me slightly. The piggy and kermit one is awesome- except for the fact that piggy is ordering bacon. Statler and Waldorf sound crazy though. I just don't think it sounds like them at all. I really don't know how I feel about the Muppets advertising for Denny's. It would be better if they had toys or something fun!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
voices

I think the characters sound fine, but their voices seem to have been electronically sped up and they are definitely waaay out of synchronization with the mouth movement. But the pitch and likeness seem to be the same to me.

Was there ever a Chef commercial? I heard one report of one from somebody who didn't really seem to know what she was talking about.

towels

Reaction score
I saw the S/W one for the first time last night. I think it's in a really long line like "Did you know you can get.....yadda yadda...blah blah...for only $8.99?" where the voice sounds the oddest. The shorter little lines don't give you as much chance to notice.
IMO of course.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think if there was a chef one out now one of us would have seen it, maybe they will make one,they have all next month if the promtion ends in september.

Zack)Rowlf the,Dog.