Noggin is going to give Sesame Street even less airtime

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching NOGGIN this morning, and Moose A. Moose was talking about new show called Conny the Cow? starting next month at 1:00, that's during Sesame Street's second time! I guess that means now, Noggin's only going to give Sesame Street 2 hours a day with 2 PWMS and 123 Sesame.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Ever since Sesame Workshop sold its stake in Noggin to Viacom, they've been gradually phasing out ALL SW programming.

ssetta

Reaction score
Exactly! They don't like Sesame Street! They think it's too old-fashioned, and they need to make room for more modern things, like this "Connie the Cow." And they're REALLY taking it off now, because they're not even owned by SW anymore. That's why I think they should just create a channel of their own, and air all the programming that was once on Noggin, and even more.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Exactly! They don't like Sesame Street!
It's not even just SS. Viacom believes that, now that they have complete ownership of Noggin, SW programming is simply just another expense. When Noggin's rights to SS and PWMS expire, you can bet that there will be no more SW programming on Noggin at all.

ssetta

Reaction score
Exactly, but Merri Park, the Director of Programming for Noggin, told me that people do like the new SS, because it has Elmo's World. But they will probably make Elmo's World it's own show, and cancel the rest of SS. I mean, EW is 15 minutes long, right? So, they can have 2 EW's back-to-back, which would be increments of 15 minutes, and they would have a half-hour show. And I know they're going to. Because they say that Elmo's World by itself is technically more popular than the rest of Sesame Street. I would be surprised if PBS renews the contract for Sesame Street 2 years from now.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Nooooo! I don't think I can handle anymore Elmo's World!
I really don't understand how it can be more popular than the rest of Sesame Street.
The goldfish thing is ridiculous and the part every show where Elmo sits on the piano bangs out the 'jingle bells theme' while singing the same words over. aaarrrggghhh!!
Then that Mr. Noodle...well that speaks for itself.
They'd have to make some major changes with it.
Elmo's world overall is plan boring and I fail to see much educational value.
At least 'Play with me Sesame' is interactive and kids can learn from it. Kids watching Elmo's World can lose interest quite fast.

Noggin's programming is going downhill fast. Like Oobi, at least kids can learn how to eat a bowl of spaghetti with their hands. How thrilling.
I really liked Noggin at first they played the best shows ever made.
Someone told me that they were going to be a station to play the classics, but they're taking all those good shows off.
And I have an awful feeling Sesame street will probably be completely gone by next year.
Sigh, it's just disappointing, that's all. :frown: *sniff*

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well, you can't say Sesame Street didn't have a good run. It's been 34 years non-stop.

BTW, guysmiley4ever, the quote you have from Dr. Teeth is actually from Rowlf.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
WiGgY

D'OH!
Good gravy, it's hard to tell from a recordin' ya know...they kinda sound alike. hee hee... :embarrassed:
Thanks a million!

And I certainly agree that Sesame street had a good run.
But that doesn't mean that they sound stop running it. :sympathy:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm telling u now before long people w/ ages like our will be demanding old epsiodes of Sesame Street and Muppets then they'll have to make a channel full if muppet stuff w/ all sorts of muppey things. Don't worry I proumise I'll make them do that. Even when I get my own children show I'll try my best to keep all the characters in tacted. I'll have a contract that demands that when ever a puppetteer pass away that they will have to get another puppetteer to replace him. I'll have puppetteers come in for read throughs to see which ones can sound the best they can to those characters that's been replaced. Hows that for a good thing. I'll even talk to JHC and tell them to make a channel for just muppet stuff. Hope that helps and I'll try my best to have this planed out before I get rich.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is all like I said before in another post: Sesame Workshop should have NEVER NEVER trusted Viacom with their Sesame programs. Viacom never was really good with certain types of shows...I still think Sesame Workshop should've put stuff like Sesame Unpaved on the channel Boomerang from Cartoon Network. I mean, CN once played BIG BAG, so why not play Sesame Unpaved on BOOMERANG? I'm starting to think that me getting Noggin was a waste!