Pigs In Space Thread--questions, ideas...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was sitting here thinking about how cool it would be for a Pigs In Space film to be made, and there were a few different ideas hitting me at once.

The first was to have the film begin (with new footage) the same as the sketches did on TMS, with our favorites from TMS at the theater as the call comes in from headquarters that the Swinetrek is needed to go into space for (insert plot here). But then, that idea vanished because it would have made the PIS more than a sketch and taken Miss Piggy into a real realm of being First Mate Piggy. On the same note, I could see the TMS characters saying bye to the Swinetrek crew at the landing/take-off pad...but same problem.

The second was to begin the movie in the same way as the sketch, but have the characters from TMS playing roles as themselves in a different setting, not unlike Kermit and Fozzie play themselves as Crack-investigative reporters for the Daily Chronicle (do you see?). IE, Kermit would be a chief of the PIS program This way, we could seperate the characters of PIS from the canon of the Muppets' history and have a movie.

Thirdly, PIS would not include anybody from TMS except the original, but updated, opening for PIS with Captain Link Hogthrob, First Mate Miss Piggy, Dr. Julius Strangepork, and a crew of other pigs that included Capt. Pighead (Peezhay) and Brainiac.

Costumes of all these would be based on the original suits of TMS days.

What other ideas do you have for such a thing if there were a PIS movie?

FOZ

WiGgY

Reaction score
My idea for a PIS movie is similar to galaxy quest, sort of.

It starts off just like the skit on the show and then fades into an actual PIS skit (a new on for the movie of course). We're back on the muppet show as usual. After PIS Kermit introduces Gonzo who is about to shoot himself out of a canon while, and at the same time, reciting the entire works of Shakespear backwards. Before he lights the fuse he gets a message from his alien family. I don't know how how he gets the message, maybe a chicken starts to talk to him, maybe it's by telepathy, but some how he gets a message asking for help.

Gonzo runs to Kermit and says he needs to get to his alien family quick. Kermit tells him that the only way to go into out space is with a space ship and thats when bunsen pops in and says somethinglike, "Well Mr. Kermit, it just so happens that muppet labs has been working on an actual working Swine Trek to improve those hilarious Pigs In Space skits." Kermit then asks, "A real space ship? Where did you get the money for this?" Bunsen then says, "I sold Beaky on ebay." Beakers walks by all sad with a suit case. (my ideas still need some debugging)

Anyway, Kermit says that they'd need to higher a crew and of course Link pops up and says, "Who better to piolet the Swine Trek than the Swine Treks captain." Kermit says, "Do you know to piolet a ship?" Link says, "No, but I pretend to on TV." Kermit then says, "That's good enough."

As the story moves on all the PIS crew come together to fly the ship and all of the muppets get on board. We see a shot of the muppet theater from above and the theater slips in half as the ship takes off.

Thats as much as I've thought this out so far. It's kind of like Muppets from Space 2: Pigs in Space the final frontier.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That's a great idea!!

Wonder who else has a good PIS idea around here?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it should start like this:

Scene 1

Scooter walks into Kermit’s office at the back of the theatre. He tells Kermit that the guest start just rang up and told him he could not make it after all because he was going to a classy show instead. Kermit asks what Scooter told him and Scooter says he said that if he doesn’t want to appear on a third rate variety show so be it. Kermit gets mad and fires him.

Scene 2

The Electric Mayhem is rehearsing in their dressing room but Miss Piggy enters and tells them to can it. They follow her out and Beauregard enters and clears out all the instruments like Miss Piggy had told him to. When the Band gets back they are angry and rude to him so he goes and hands in his resignation to Kermit.

Scene 3

Foo Foo bites Captain Link’s foot so he kicks her and Miss Piggy sees this and hiyas Captain Link out the room. Dr Stragepork stands up for Link and Miss Piggy brains him.

Scene 4

Captain Link complains to Kermit and Kermit gets mad at Piggy, Dr Stragepork shoves Foo Foo into the Electric Mayhem’s dressing room and they leave.

Scene 5

Gonzo realises that he can’t do his new act because of Health and Safety regulations so he gets into a frump and breaks Fozzie’s new prop. He then leaves followed by Fozzie.

Scene 6

Stadler and Waldorf are on a cruise. They remark how happy they are that they are away from the theatre.

Scene 7

The show begins but the Muppet Show logo breaks in half. We see the Swedish Chef in his kitchen but one of the props goes wrong and his cooker blows up.

The Newsman comes on but his chair is broken.

Then we have Pigs in Space. Miss Piggy is still in a mood with Captain Link and Dr Stragepork but they act OK until half way through the act Dr Strangepork disappears with a ZAP noise. Then Miss Piggy disappears. ZAP, Link disappears too. Kermit comes rushing on stage but goes ZAP.

Next the Newsman runs onstage and has just begun his report when his desk goes ZAP. Then his chair goes ZAP. Then he goes ZAP.

Scene 8

Scooter is complaining to his Uncle about Kermit when he suddenly goes ZAP. Skeeter walks into the room and goes ZAP too.

Scene 9

Fozzie is chasing Gonzo down the street when suddenly Gonzo goes ZAP. Then Fozzie goes ZAP.

Scene 10

The Electric Mayhem is just boarding a bus when they and their instruments go ZAP one by one.

Scene 11

Stadler and Waldorf are sat in deck chair on the cruise ship when they suddenly go ZAP.

Scene 12

Bonston and Beeker are demonstrating a new gadget to a board of government officials when suddenly they go ZAP. A Muppet bird lands on the windowsill of the boardroom but then goes ZAP.

Scene 13

Sweetums is being tied up by a group of rugged, Muppet aliens. Behind him are all the Muppet gang tied up apart from Miss Piggy, Dr Strangepork and Link Hogthrob.

Scene 14

Miss Piggy, Hogthrob and Strangepork are tied and being held by several aliens, they are standing before the alien ruler. The ruler tells them that they are in need of some help, and the only people who can help them are the Muppet particularly the crew of the Swine Trek. When they refuse to help, the ruler opens a wall and all the other Muppets a tied and gagged. The ruler gives them one hour to make there decision or CHOP.

Miss Piggy says that they will help only if the other Muppets are relised to help them help.

The aliens aggree to let them have ten other Muppets to help them...

Later the others escape from their prison and go to help aswell...

At the end they are all beamed back to Earth at the exacte same time and in the same places...

All the Muppets can't believe they were leaving and they return to the theatre....

We cut to the Muppet Show final..

As they are singing one by one they Zap and disapear...

CUT TO

Bunsen and Beaker.

Bunsen: Well, Beakie. It seems our Zaper'o is out of order...

Johnny Fiamma

Reaction score
I always thought of the PIS movie would lay somewhere between Galaxy Quest and Spaceballs.

(I was really disappointed when they made Muppets in Space. I thought then that they were going to make the PIS movie. Here's to hoping.)

Look, just make PIS a spoof of the entire Star Wars Saga and I'll be happy. (But you'd expect that of me, now wouldn't you, Fozzy?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd think that a Pigs in Space movie would be a mish mosh of different Sci-fi referrences, Star Wasrs, Star Trek, even X files somewhere...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Is there a complete PIS compilation that describes what happened in each sketch? Wondering if there could be a way to use those skits to fit into the script somehow?

I think that if a PIS film were done it should be a new story to surround the characters; there's WAY TOO MANY spoofs of Star Wars, Star Trek, and such now.

Then again, PIS is already a parody of those as it were.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I think that if a PIS film were done it should be a new story to surround the characters; there's WAY TOO MANY spoofs of Star Wars, Star Trek, and such now.
Not spoofs, refferences. I.e.

Dr. Strangepork: Link! Link!! I cannot get ziz doohicky to work right!

Link: Did you try the "force?" Heh heh ehhe heh...

Dr. S: No, but I'll try to use brute force if you make anozer crack like zat!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think that PIS:TM should be a primarily sad story about how the Muppets are all breaking up at the begining and then how time stays still on Earth as they are taken to the other planet to help out up there.

Kermit tells them to put away their grudges as they help the aliens, but their grudges get in the way a lot. They do hawever manage to win out over the others...

...When they get back they are friends again.

As for the badies, I think it should be two planets fighting each other. On one planet live tall aliens and on the other planet live short aliens, (or green aliens and purple aliens, or fat aliens and thin aliens, whatever...) In the end they form a peace treaty and agree to be different.

Wait, I have a good idea, how about one planet beams up half the Muppets and the other planet beams up the other half and they fight each other un-knowingly!!! There are a lot of posibilities in that idea. What do you think?