Dark Crystal Collector's Edition DVD Box Set

Habidabad

Reaction score
Patty said:
George Lucas worked on Labyrinth, not Dark Crystal. Besides, Lucas gives AWFUL commentaries, even on films he made.

A Froud/Kurtz/Oz commentary would be great.
I would love it if Trevor Jones were to do a commentary! I still think it's his best soundtrack to date! He's probably still ****** because he lost the rights to release the soundtrack himself! :mad:

Patty

Reaction score
I still think it's his best soundtrack to date!
And how! I think the Dark Crystal score is one of the best fantasy scores ever. I just grabbed Excalibur on DVD, and while its soundtrack is a close second to Dark Crystal, I like it more than Labyrinth.

Frankly, Habidabad, your participation, knowledge, and your collection of stuff would greatly enhance a DVD package. It's too bad that they're just rushing ahead with things and not looking at the obvious.

Granted, DVD extra packages equate to thankless work, apart from reviews. I've done it, and you're lucky if you receive free DVDs.

But you've easily enough material to beef-up a Dark Crystal DVD to resemble the Buckaroo Bonzai DVD ... and that award-winning DVD extras package was originally based on a website. You've the script ... alternate scenes ... stuff from every country. You have stuff that I would absolutely kill to see.

AnthonyF3

Reaction score
New print?

Habidabad said:
How do we know that it's a cleaned up print that's newer than the DVD or SuperBit versions? The re-release in France could have been pulled from one of those sources! :confused:
I don't think it'll be a new print. If CTS's previous Box Sets are any indication (and I'm talking specifically about Holy Grail here, as it's the only one I've seen), it'll just be the special edition DVD. The only new stuff will be the non-disc materials.

Anthony F. Strand

Pino

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Yes it will be region 1. At this time, I have no idea if any other countries will see this special release or not.
That is just the problem where I made a DVD regio petition ... Philip, could you perhaps give it special attention?
I hope that more people will sign this petition... And all who read this, please help us let them Muppet/Henson movies come to Europe :flirt:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Pino/petition.html

Thank you for the attention :smile:

Patty

Reaction score
Pino, I think it was announced elsewhere on the board that a Region 2 Dark Crystal was on its way.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I haven't bought any shape or fourm of the Dark Crystal yet, i guess it's best I wait for this one? I hope it contans all the extras the first DC DVD's had.
I haven't bought any Laberthin DVD yet either.

MFC has been put out on video and DVD a few times now too (all cut) I know they are doing another one along with TCT soon but I think that's only in the UK :sympathy: (for now at least)

Habidabad

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
MFC has been put out on video and DVD a few times now too (all cut) I know they are doing another one along with TCT soon but I think that's only in the UK :sympathy: (for now at least)
MFC? TCT?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
"MFC? TCT?"

Hello Habidabad, I'm guess your fairly new, welcome to Muppet Central by the way!

Those are abrvations for the Muppet Family Christmas specail and The Christmas Toy. MFC, TCT, get it?

It's just faster to type, like the Muppet Movie would be TMM, The Great Muppet Caper would be TCMC, Muppets from Space would be MFS. See what I mean? It can be kinda confusing at first but it becomes a second language over time. :smile:

Zack)Rowlf the Dog