Dark Crystal Figures - 1982 Hasbro

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Habidad,

Thanks for that better look at the figures !

I was wondering about the Skeksis, It says 'Palisades Toys', When and why did they sculpt this?

Habidabad

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Thanks for that better look at the figures !

I was wondering about the Skeksis, It says 'Palisades Toys', When and why did they sculpt this?
I think they were planning on releasing a Skeksis figure recently, but decided not to! :cry:

Aerosmith

Reaction score
That Skeksis is a custom sculpt made by one of the members on the Palisades Board. :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Hi Warrick,

Thank you for the suggestion. We appreciate the input.

We'll work on getting those pictures redone so that they are a little larger. It may take a little time getting that together, but I'll post to you on this thread once the page has been updated.
Larger image options would be great to have in the collectibles section, the higher resolution the better.

beaker

Reaction score
holy post revival batman!

That's actually not from Palisades(tho a great casteline sculpt nonetheless) but from a fan of Palisades I think.

It is definately a shame Skeksis figures never came out...with all the movie creatures out, you'd think...but nope. I'm pretty astonished no company has made these yet...I wonder why Palisades hasnt grabbed the licence, now that JHC has seen what they have done with the Muppets?

Drtooth

Reaction score
beaker said:
I'm pretty astonished no company has made these yet...I wonder why Palisades hasnt grabbed the licence, now that JHC has seen what they have done with the Muppets?
Palisades probably didn't get the licence, or passed, because the greedy &*^% Toy companies that no longer Carry Muppets (TRU, anyone) didn't think they would sell (same problem with Fraggle Rock).

Interrestingly enough, a local comic store chain got in shipments of Dark Crystal Trading cards. Been meaning to pick some up...

Patty

Reaction score
Habidabad: I posted this in the Crystal Corner group a few weeks ago, but the guy who made that Skeksis has a website with more pictures:

http://www.geocities.com/rufustein/portfolio

There was a thread at the Palisades board where Ken (I think?) said that Palisades was offered the Dark Crystal property and passed. Whoever it was said that the Sideshow Toy releases did so poorly that no other toy company wanted to touch the property ... at least not for toys.

Sad story: when I was a kid and a Dark Crystal nut, I saw pictures of the original Hasbro/Kenner figures (I think in Starlog). For a year, I went from toy store to toy store trying to find those figures, which of course, were never released.