VeggieTales creators bankrupt, sell to Classic Media

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
it all depends on the honesty of the people in the contract

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
No, not the Veggies! Not my Archie! (just for the record, I love the British asparagus, okay?) I sincerely hope that the Veggies stay 100% intact; the whole thing is such a great concept. Ranks right up there with the Muppets as one of the best creations of all-time.

-Kim

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm with you, Kim! And they help appease the small sense of guilt I have that I'm a Christian who has practically nothing to do with Christian media. I am *obsessed* with Veggie Tales, so that ought to count for something! :stick_out_tongue: And I *love* Archie too, though my favorite would probably have to be Larry.
Erin

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Poor little veggies. Now they'll have to go out into the world to start a new life on their own. I hear Marvin Suggs is looking to hire some more singing vegitables... :wink:

Sorry, just had to throw in a jovial note.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just found out today... VeggieTales is taking on Lord of the Rings!!! :excited: I've been hoping for this for a long time, though I figured if they did it would probably just be a small nod. They're devoting a full 45-minute video to it!! I'm so psyched. It's going to be called "Lord of the Beans" and will feature Toto Baggypants (Junior Asparagus) trying to figure out what to do with the magic bean he was given by his uncle Billboy. Just the little preview I saw looked awesome. I can't wait!
Erin

christyb

Reaction score
Was this on Big Idea's website?? I know Minnesota Cuke looks awesome. I haven't heard of the Lord of the Beans yet. Looks like I'll hafta go and check it out! :excited:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Hey, I just found out that the creators of Veggie Tales are coming to my college to speak at a chapel next month. Anyone in the Seattle area who's interested should look into coming to SPU on May 31. Nifty stuff.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Awesome! I'd love to go to a talk by them. There doesn't seem to be much on Big Idea's website yet, but google it and you can find some stuff. There was a preview on their new video, "Duke and the Great Pie War."
Erin

christyb

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll do that. I need to catch up on the Veggie front. I haven't seen the past few videos. And...scarylarrywolf- they're coming to speak!!! Make sure you make it to that!!!