Muppet Film and TV References

towels

Reaction score
Doesn't Frank do a cameo in almost all of Landis's movies?

Drtooth

Reaction score
This one's kind of fuzzy (a refference to a Sesame Street skit), but I'll counted as a Muppet Refference anyway

On Cow and Chicken, these two bullies were... uh.. bullying each other, and one sticks a banana in their mouth, the bully mumbles, to which the other replies...

"I cain't here you! You got a banana in your mouth!!!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember America's Funniest People... I dunno why... anyway, someone did an impersonation of Johnny Mathis and Gonzo singing "Chances are"

Drtooth

Reaction score
In an episode of King of Queens, Carrie and Doug have to babysit Deacon (?)'s children. At one point Carrie says, "We've watched Elmopalooza 5 times, and I feilded some tough questions about Ernie and Bert's relationship!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
(BUMP)

Come on... you have to try harder, guys :smile:

On the King of Queens, (I forget the guy's name) this guy comes out, complaining he has to take a shower. He's got a bathrobe and showercap on, and he's holding a scrub brush. Carrie looks at him and says, "You look like ernie from Sesame Street!"

On Jimmy Neutron (I think the episode was called Broadcast Blues) Sheen performs a puppet show with a "Sound alike" Muppet show theme playing in the background.

jediX

Reaction score
Last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live he had this germ puppet on there and he said it was like the drug episode of Fraggle Rock.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Also,in "Full House" there's that one guy(is it Joey?)does a Kermit impression. I believe it goes like this:

"....:smile:))Well I'm fluent in frog,(Bullwinkle)I studied moose in Wossamatta U....."

Oh,and PunkNPuppets, the song does go "Dododododo", "PateePateePatee" was the later Sesame Street version. "Dododoo" was the original. :stick_out_tongue:

- :concern:

jediX

Reaction score
Full House references Muppets in some way every few episodes--it's kinda strange...

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I was watching "Married to the Kellys" on Friday, where the main character was trying to watch the b&w version of "A Christmas Carol", but as an act of goodwill towards his grieving mother-in-law, he took her shopping instead. She then thanked him by getting the DVD of "Muppet Christmas Carol" as a present. :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
Just spotted another one. In the Celebrity Jeopardy segment of this episode (I think the guest is Lucy Liu) of SNL, one of the categories is "famous Muppet frogs" to which the answer for every question is 'Kermit'.