Muppet Film and TV References

Mario

Reaction score
I didn't read through all 6 pages, but the episode of Simpsons where they show some Muppet Mideival film with, "Troy McLure." And Bart and Lisa ask Homer, "whats a muppet?" And Homer says, "Well its kind of like a mop and its kind like a puppet, but when you get.. ho ho hee, I dont know." or something to that extent. And on that tv show about the radio station, with Phil Hartman and Andy Dick. They were talking about Sesame Street, and Andy dick says, "I like Bert. Well, not like like." and he gets all nervous, "he's a puppet." And, on Greg the Bunny with Seth Green, the counting vampire said that The Count didn't even have a real accent, that he was from Brooklyn. That was a really good show, what happened to it. It was so inventive.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I know...the sad thing is, the rest of the population were like sheep and wanted to watch "American Idol" instead. At least the series is on DVD.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
There was an episode of King of the Hill on tonite, and it was titled "It's Not Easy Bein' Green."

Mario

Reaction score
After reading this thread, I used allusions to Kermit, and "it isnt being green" like 5 times today and yesterday.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I might have mentioned this on this thread so pardon me if it's repetitive:
"Full House" had a few Muppet references (thanks to Dave Coulier's/Joey's voice talents)
In one of the first episodes,Joey was talking like Kermit to keep Michelle from crying:"Um ...hi there Michelle....it's me Kermit the Frog!You don't wanna cry,do you?"
Then one of the guys (not sure which one;"Jesse" or "Danny") was sitting on a stuffed Gonzo. So Joey said in a Gonzo voice ,taking the stuffed Gonzo
"OW! The big guy hurt my nose!"
And my personal favorite:
One of the last episodes had Joey cooking in the kitchen & talking like the Swedish Chef! :big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The new episode of Family Guy on Adult Swim tonight had a SS reference.

Peter led some prostitutes into Clevland's house to try to get his kids back(long story). Then Clevland comes home with the judge who decides if Peter keeps the kids, and Peter says, "Oh my judge look at all the prostitutes!" Then a voice that sounds like the counting voice on SS says, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7." And the numbers appear above the prostitutes, and Peter says, "That's 7, 7 prostitutes."

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Sesame Street mention on ALF

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I was recently watching the Pilot episode of ALF and I remembered a Sesame Street reference on there when Brian and ALF are watching television. In the background, we hear the "One of these Things" song playing and hear the person solve it. ALF comments, "Great. This and the letter "I" in 1 day." Brian asks ALF, "Do you get Sesame Street where you come from?" ALF answers, "No, and frankly I don't get it here either."
:smile:

scooter289

Reaction score
Last night on Family Guy, Stewie was doing something called CashScam and gave Brian money for his worm medicine. In exchange Brian had to work for Stewie.When Stewie called Brian into his office, he got a call on his Sesame Street phone from Grover. After arguing with Grover about the Letter G and his screaming at him through the phone, he hung up.

Then Stewie said to Brian, "Anyway send Lois a congratulatory basket of some sort. Oh, and if Cookie Monster calls, tell him I'm not speaking to him until he gets out of rehab."

They then cut to a scene at a rehab center with a doctor and two orderlies doing a "contraband check" in Cookie's room where they find a plate of cookies and after Cookie tries to make up an excuse, he like starts eating them and he's tackled by the orderlies and sedated.

Later on in the ladies room of the Drunken Clam, Lois catches Cookie Monster putting cookie dough in a spoon and heating it with a lighter trying to make a cookie and tells Lois to "Get out!"

That's about it.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
did anyone see the Sesame Street spoof on Shorties watchin Shorties

Drtooth

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
"Oh my judge look at all the prostitutes!" Then a voice that sounds like the counting voice on SS says, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7." And the numbers appear above the prostitutes, and Peter says, "That's 7, 7 prostitutes."
I posted this just a few posts before this one... I didn't think "Prostitue" would have gone throught the swear filter or not....

also, as responding to the Cookie Monster in rehab jab, when he's eating the Cookie dough mumbling "c'mon, c'mon" lighting it up on a spoon, that's more or less a "freebasing" refference... oddly enough one of 3 or 4 drug refferences in that episode alone.