Muppet Film and TV References

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Robot Chicken did a segment on Fraggle Rock and it was crazy!

Some of it was sketchy on whether it was funny or not, but all in all, it was pretty funny and the characters looked really accurate. I'm not sure if it's on youtube or something, but definitely check it out!

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Tonight's episode of Family Guy had a new Statler and Waldorf reference.

Peter said that Cleveland leaving them was like Statler without Waldorf, then it cut to Statler alone on the balcony laughing at the stage and saying "Without the other guy yapping, this is actually funny!"

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Another Murphy, Sam, and Jodi reference. A few days ago, they were talking about New Moon, and they said that it was Rob Pattinson's favorite book in the series, to which there was a response of, "One, two! Book #2 is my favorite!" :batty::batty::batty:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Also, this doesn't actually count as a reference, but I still think it's too cool not to tell you guys. Fraggle Rock was the #1 Kid Show of the 80's according to www.LikeTotally80s.com :smirk::excited::coy:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone on here's mentioned Full House yet, though I would imagine so as it had numerous references to The Muppets, including Joey doing an impression of Kermit the Frog on at least one occasion (I think the Pilot episode if I'm not mistaken- "Our Very First Show").
And in the "Bye Bye Birdie" episode, Joey, Danny, Uncle Jesse and Becky are telling Michelle a story to put her to sleep and it's all about her first day at preschool. Joey starts off by saying that once upon a time there was someone starting her first day of preschool and when he asked Michelle to guess her name, she replied, "Miss Piggy?":mad:
I know there've been other references to both The Muppet Show and Sesame Street- I just can't think of them right offhand.

APRena

Reaction score
I know there've been other references to both The Muppet Show and Sesame Street- I just can't think of them right offhand.
Didn't Michelle want to name Becky's baby Big Bird?
(quite ashamed I know that much about Full House off the top of my head... :stick_out_tongue:)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
The "Gift of the Day" on Murphy, Sam, and Jodi today was the first three seasons of TMS. :smile: They did a whole segment on it, and they even mentioned Beaker and somebody did a Swedish Chef impression. :big_grin:

Also, I remember a reference on Sister, Sister (haven't seen that since forever...) in which one of them called a frog "Kermie" or something like that. I don't remember it too well though.

scooter289

Reaction score
On last night's 30 Rock Liz, Jack, Pete, and Kenneth were on the set for Liz's Dealbreakers show and they were using the high-def monitor to see how it'd look. When Kenneth passed in front of the monitor it turns out he's a Muppet in high-def! It sort of went back to that episode where it's revealed Kenneth sees everyone as Muppets. :stick_out_tongue:

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
On Saturday Night Live, during Blake Lively's opening monologue; she talked about being at the Tree lighting ceremony at Rockefeller Center.

She mentioned she met the muppets and has been getting dirty text messages from Gonzo and Fozzie, since giving them her phone number at the after party.

Anyway, the rest of the cast came out as Swedish Chef, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Beaker, Zoot and Janice. They all sang a rendition of Hark the Herald Angels Sing.

They gave 'Beaker' a solo, turns out he actually can speak in real words, he finished his solo with his traditional meeps.

Erine81981

Reaction score
On Saturday Night Live, during Blake Lively's opening monologue; she talked about being at the Tree lighting ceremony at Rockefeller Center.

She mentioned she met the muppets and has been getting dirty text messages from Gonzo and Fozzie, since giving them her phone number at the after party.

Anyway, the rest of the cast came out as Swedish Chef, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Beaker, Zoot and Janice. They all sang a rendition of Hark the Herald Angels Sing.

They gave 'Beaker' a solo, turns out he actually can speak in real words, he finished his solo with his traditional meeps.
I thought this was halious! Awsome stuff they do on SNL with the actors portraying the Muppets. (which they've done before) but i couldn't stop laughing at this.