Muppet Film and TV References

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm not promising anything, this is just a possible reference material, but there might be a Muppet reference or two in one of the Kingdom Keepers books. I haven't read either of the two books recently, but I would assume there would be a possibility because it's set in Disney World.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
"What the fraggle-rock just happened?" Lucy on Scrubs this week when finding out her friends didn't turn her for cheating.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I just caught a quick reference while flipping channels. In the '80s movie "Girls Just Want to Have Fun", Sarah Jessica Parker's character retorts to her father that her "nightlife is watching The Muppet Show.":smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Yep, Murphy, Sam, and Jodi again. They were talking about fun people to follow on Twitter, and they mentioned Sesame Street. Everyone said "Awwwwwwwwwwww" (along with myself listening just now) when they read the "Elmo only has 140 spaces to say what he wants to say, but Elmo can't count that high," tweet out loud.

Also, a while back, they mentioned dieting, and when somebody said something about counting calories, Jodi did a laugh like Count von Count. :batty:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
There's an article in the Star Telegram today about the show Psych and they interviewed James Roday, the star (I always keep meaning to watch this 'cause it looks hilarious). He said he wants David Bowie to guest just so he could hang out with David Bowie and he'd demand that David Bowie show up as Jareth, LOL.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Jeopardy clue tonight says (and I'm paraphrasing):

This show was banned in Saudi Arabia because the appearence of Miss Piggy conflicted with religious beliefs.

"What is the Muppet Show"

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Just caught a reference on AFV about a minute ago. A dog was wearing a pair of glasses with crazy eyes on them, and Tom said, "Y'know, the new Muppets just don't have that timeless quality."

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
On the behind the scenes featurette on the Julie & Julia DVD, Amy Adams said that "she cooks more like the Swedish Chef from the Muppet Show" than Julia Child. Loved it, Amy Adams is adorable

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This is an old one, and I'm sure it's been listed, and I try and maintain the Howard connection, but I was watching Private Parts again this weekend, and when Howard goes to Detroit, the on-air morning man comments that Stern looks like Big Bird, and jokes that Big Bird will have Kermit the Frog on the upcoming show.

Howard references the Muppets so much, I'm kind of surprised he doesn't have his own MuppetWiki page.