Henson shows that need to be on DVD

Stulz

Reaction score
well...

HIT got the licence to release all non-Muppet "Henson" properties. Dinosaurs is a Disney property and therefore not included.

Oliver

Reaction score
Why am I the only person on these forums that seem to acknowledge the greatness of the Valentine special?? It needs to be released!!!

To those that haven't seen it, feel free to message me for a video file. It's by far my favorite Muppet holiday themed special, after the unedited Family Christmas.

beaker

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
Okay, I really want to see a JHH DVD. This is by far my favorite Henson show, it's to bad Henson/Di$ney is hiding it away and eating the key.
Indeed, the Muppet Television half hour portion of the Jim Henson Hour is by *far* my favorite Muppet show series ever produced. I mean, maybe it was me being 11 in 1989 in awe of the techno edginess of the series...but Ive since seen all the episodes(including the strange 1987 pilot 'Inner Tube') and just love it as much as when I first saw it. That era when classic muppet look blended with organic creature shop and produced characters like Digit, Leon, Lindburgh, Ubu, Flash, Zondra, Chip, Clifford, and even Waldo. what a great time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Indeed. Out of all the Jim Henson products that Disney should release, it should be the JHH Muppet portions, even if they have to fudge it someway as to edit out references to the Henson owned Storyteller segemnts.

suggsy

Reaction score
Nothing comes before Muppet Show season sets IMO.

I hope Disney's looking into that now. :sympathy:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
In order of importance (to me), here are my top 10 DVD I want to be able to get for my collection I hope they are all released sometime:

1) The Muppet Show - Season Sets
I hope The Muppet Holding Co. makes season sets of all the seasons with all the episodes uncut and full of extras

2) Fraggle Rock - Season Sets
Rumors say HIT is working on this for fall '05. I hope they make great sets and continue until all the seasons are released.

3) The Frog Prince
I hope The Muppet Holding Co. releases this classic tale from Muppetland on DVD.

4) The Muppet Musicians of Bremen
I hope The Muppet Holding Co. releases this classic tale from Muppetland on DVD.

5) Hey Cinderella!

6) Muppets Tonight! - Box Set
I hope The Muppet Holding Co. makes a box set of all the episodes with all the episodes with extras

7) Dinosaurs - Season Sets
I hope Disney makes season sets of all the seasons with all the episodes full of extras

8) The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson
I hope this wonderful special is released. It touched me so much when I first saw it. Although it contains characters owned by three companies now, I hope The Muppet Holding Company can release it uncut.

9) Tale of the Bunny Picnic
I hope The Muppet Holding Company rereleased this classic special on DVD.

10) The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 years
I hope this wonderful special is released. Although it contains characters owned by three companies now, I hope The Muppet Holding Company can release it uncut.

Oliver

Reaction score
01 - The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson

02 - The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years

03 - The Muppet Show: Sex And Violence

04 - The Muppets Valentine Show

05 - The Muppets Go Hollywood

06 - Muppets Go To The Movies

07 - The Frog Prince

08 - The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen

09 - Hey Cinderella

10 - The Tale Of The Bunny Picnic

11 - John Denver And The Muppets: A Christmas Together

12 - UNCUT Muppet Family Christmas

13 - The Christmas Toy

14 - Dinosaurs: Complete Season Sets

15 - Ghost Of Faffner Hall: Complete 13-Episode Set

16 - The Muppets On Puppets

suggsy

Reaction score
Oliver, now that the Muppet show is coming out i box sets I hope some of those specials make it as extras.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Oliver said:
03 - The Muppet Show: Sex And Violence
04 - The Muppets Valentine Show
As pilots for The Muppet Show, I hope both these shows are encluded in the Muppet Show Season 1 Box Set.

Rugby

Reaction score
At this time, The Christmas Toy is number one on my list. I wish someone would start a petition for that one.