Will Muppet Babies ever be released to DVD?

Zajiue

Reaction score
Muppet Babies

Hi everyone, first post for me.

I've been waiting in vain for a long time for Muppet Babies to come out on tape or DVD. Having already bought up everything possible on ebay and contacting piraters to no avail, now I'm just waiting. :frown: I'll be completely honest in that I've never enjoyed anything to do with the Muppets besides Muppet Babies. It's my favorite cartoon of all time (I'm 24 now) and a big favorite with my little cousins who are 3 & up, they'd rather watch the same Muppet babies tapes that I own over and over rather than stuff like Yu-gi-Oh or Teen Titans. Is there anything we could do to speed up this process of asking for Muppet babies to be released on DVD? If I was more computer savvy, I'd start up an online petition. Is there anyone on this forum with the resources to do this? Please contact me.

- Tiffany

King Jim

Reaction score
Look at target they have them with a stuffed animal.

Zajiue

Reaction score
Target

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the advice but I already own all those episodes. I was one of the first to jump out there and purchase those stuffed animals for $15.99 a piece to get one episode on DVD. Who doesn't want the entire series on DVD? Btw, what Disney needs to do is take a look on ebay. Series like Ducktales are selling for over 150 dollars for 100 episodes on DVD. I'm sure the quality is atrocious as well. There's a resurgence in interest of older cartoons. There is one person on ebay that is selling the 11 episodes of Muppet babies that is available for purchase on VHS on a DVD for about 10 dollars a pop. I'm sure the entire series would sell for a lot more but no one seems to have the entire series.

McFraggle

Reaction score
All I can tell you is to be patient. I think the most likely thing is that Muppet Babies will probably show up on Disney Channel or Toon Disney sometime shortly. That is just speculation on my part. While you won't have them on DVD, you could tape them off TV. I don't know if a market is there to release season sets like with more adult cartoons like "The Simpsons" and "South Park."

Zajiue

Reaction score
Muppet Babies

I will be patient because I have to be patient but I do have to mention that it is completely untrue that there is no market out there for season sets of the Muppet Babies. Cartoons, especially children's cartoons from the 80s are extremely popular on www.amazon.com and are selling like hotcakes nowadays. I'm not really a fan of DVD as much as VHS but I do have to appreciate the amazing sets that are offered on DVD now. Jem is on DVD right now as well as GI Joe and the Transformers and Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Many of these 80s cartoon dvd sets are linked from one to another so that buyers on amazon.com know what is available and familiar names will trigger memories and curiousity for days of old will make them click on the links, I certainly did. :smile: 26 episodes of Jem are on sale for $59.95 and it is ranked in the Top 800 items for sale on the site and has over 100 customer reviews.

If Muppet Babies is eventually shown on the Disney Channel or something of the sort, I will definitely watch it and definitely tape it off the t.v., but if it is shown and gets to be as popular as it was back in the day ('cause there's very little programming that is nonviolent on t.v. nowadays) I believe that it will be released on DVD then. I really hope so anyway.

beaker

Reaction score
Zajiue said:
I'll be completely honest in that I've never enjoyed anything to do with the Muppets besides Muppet Babies.
um....ok. :frown: :frown: :frown:

at any rate, ya do make a point about some sort of 80's cartoon revival for dvd colelctors...I mean they have GEM colelctor dvd sets. Gem. yeah, its the apocalypse. Btw, which company put out the muppet baby plush/dvd sets? That is so lame they only have one episode per item. hopefully someone can rip all of em plus other good quality archive stuff to one dvd?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Jem is my name, no one else is the same,

JEM is my name!

Just so you all know, the cartoon's spelt Jem. And it does have a pretty catchy theme song. It's not too bad of a cartoon. As to the topic, give it time and I wouldn't be suprised to see a full Muppet Babies VHS and DVD release soon. Rhino has released a lot of cool 1980s cartoons on home video. If enough people express interest in the Muppet Babies, they might release that set too! (assuming they have the rights and all) :mad: :embarrassed: :sympathy:

Gonzo

Reaction score
BTW, I was in my closest Target the other day, and the Muppet Babies w/DVD had been cut in price from 14.99 to 9.99...in case anyone was looking at getting one of them anyway. The smaller Beanies had a price cut as well--I think they were 2.99 instead of 5.99.

:sympathy: