Forgotten Ernie and Bert skit

Censored

Reaction score
Here's an Ernie and Bert skit that I haven't seen in over 25 years and I haven't heard anyone talk about either. Ernie and Bert are in their beds and Ernie keeps going on about what scarf he's going to wear and other trivial stuff while Bert is trying to sleep. Bert protests and Ernie says that he knows how he feels. Bert says to Ernie, "The only way you could know how I feel is if you were me". So Ernie imagines that Bert has Ernie's personality and Ernie has Bert's. In this imagination sequence, Bert keeps Ernie up by talking about silly stuff. Ernie says, "Do I really act like that?" This is all I remember about the skit. Funny how some just seem to get lost in time.

billyk

Reaction score
I don't remember that one.

But does anyone remember the Ernie & Bert skit where they are both in bed and Ernie can't go to sleep until the guy upstairs drops 2 shoes. So he counts one shoe dropped (wakes Bert up while doing it), and then the second one. Ernie then proceeds to wake Bert up again and say that it was 2 shoes that was dropped and now he can go to sleep.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I remember that one very well. They should put a transcript of that one at the SS Lyrics Archive. It was really good. I don't remember how it ended though.

Censored

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I remember that one very well. They should put a transcript of that one at the SS Lyrics Archive. It was really good. I don't remember how it ended though.
Which one do you remember well? The one where they change places or the shoes drop?

Saginaw

Reaction score
I don't remember those two, but I wonder if someone remembers this particular Bert and Ernie skit. It's an early one, and I don't know how many times it was repeated.

I don't remember the plot of the skit, but Ernie is showing Bert his prized soda bottle cap collection, which is mounted onto a tan-colored cork (?) bulletin board.

What caught my attention to this skit was the amazing colors and designs on the bottle caps. I remember wondering what soda brands those were, and where I could get them. I also remember the sodas Ernie was listing off I had never heard of.

Guys and gals, you are really bringing back so many cherished and buried memories I have of Sesame Street. My only wish is that I had a time machine so I could go back and record every single originally-aired episode and bring them back for you all. :smile:

--Saginaw the Wistful

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Saginaw said:
What caught my attention to this skit was the amazing colors and designs on the bottle caps. I remember wondering what soda brands those were, and where I could get them. I also remember the sodas Ernie was listing off I had never heard of.

--Saginaw the Wistful
Yup. Their favourite was mine too, and I went out looking for it, and of course, people thought I was nuts. It was "FIGGY FIZZ"!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Which one do you remember well? The one where they change places or the shoes drop?
The one where the shoes drop. I don't remember the one where they change places, but it sounds like a good one. I never realized Ernie had become of aware of how much he annoyed Bert. Lol.

And whoever makes that 120 seconds rule is really annoying me. Geez, I run out of things to type while I'm waiting.

billyk

Reaction score
I remember the bottlecap collection one. And yes, those bottlecaps did look neat. Weren't they counting or something. Or did Bert add a new one to the collection. Or was it that he lost it and Ernie found one on the ground or something and added to it.

I can't remember but I remember the board with the bottlecaps and Bert pointing to each bottlecap and explaining where he got them.