Muppet Babies: The Movie

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, I am wondering. Why no cheap stright to movie release of Muppet Babies: The Movie?

Pooh has a movie,
the Thunderbirds have a new movie,
Red Dwarf is going to have a movie,
Heck even The Wild Thornberries have a movie.

So, I think we should have a Muppet Babies: The Movie.

Now the questian is, what should be in it?

jediX

Reaction score
Every animated show on Nickelodeon has its own friggin movie. :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think that for MB:TM it should start with Nannie tripping on some toys and breaking her anckle. She has to go to hospital and so Uncle Stadler and Uncle Waldorf come to look after them. After they have been tucked itno bed, there is a ripple effect and for the rest of the movie, you are not sure if it is Fozzie's dream or reality as all the Muppet Babies are kidnapped and Baby Sweetums, Baby Lew, Sammy, Baby Beau and various other never seen Babies go an rescue them

It could include teenaged Electric Mayhem, who help them at one point and cameos af all the Muppets.

It could be animated or Puppeted. Either would do.

jediX

Reaction score
Puppet would be awesome...as long as it wasn't done like Swamp Years.......

Whatever

Reaction score
That would be cool... even the Rugrats have a movie! :halo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Now the questian is, what should be in it?
Nothing!!

They don't work! They don't fit into the Muppets' story at all. They were introduced as part of Miss Piggy's fantasy in a coach ride. Muppet Babies as shown in the cartoon DO NOT EXIST, and the writers made a mistake by throwing it in Muppet Family Christmas, because even THEN they shouldn't be there.

Muppet Babies were part of Piggy's fantasy; they met going to Hollywood. Unless they find a way to incorporate it all as Miss Piggy's fantasy, it doesn't exist.

And now, you'll all hate me; but, you know I don't believe in Muppet Babies, Flintstones Kids, Tom and Jerry Kids, Pink Panther and Son, Popeye and Son, or any of the other spin-offs like that.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well, that's a bit of a strong reaction to muppet babies. No one says they have to fit in with the actual muppets. It's just a cartoon that was done well. I don't know why people get so mad about this show just because it doesn't fit into the actual muppet history.

Oh, if you REALLY want to get mad, just look at the muppet movie and compare it to actual muppet hostory. Kermit had a stop at Sesame Street way before he met the producer in the swamp, but that whole part of his life was left out. And before then he had that part in Sam and Friends, but that was left out of the movie too.

Oh, and I have an easy way to fit Muppet Babies into the Muppet Movie history. You see, one day Baby Bunsen and Beaker blew up the nursery and all the muppet babies were sent to an orphanage. They were each adopted by various famuilys. Fozzie was adopted by Emily Bear, Kermit was adopted by his mom, Scooter was adopted by his long lost Uncle but Skeeter was left behind, Gonzo became a starving artist on the streets at an early age. ect, ect, ect. Since the muppets were so young, they forgot all their old friends and went on with life. When Kermit meets Fozzie at that club they become fast friends because they use to be friends, but niether of them remeber knowing each other since they were so very young.

Anyway, years later Emily Bear shows her son an old home movie showing all the muppet babies together, but she never reveals what happened to the nersary or that Fozzie is adopted. And so the muppets all learn of the past they shared, but no one is told they are adopted, so everyone is happy.

By the way, Statler and Waldorf forgot that they baby sat for Nanny because they are so old.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Que? I thought they had plans for a direct to video sort of thing...

Maybe they do... just like they have plans to make a Fox Muppet show, an animated Farscape, New Muppet Movies....

Kamit

Reaction score
I know it's probably pointless to say this but I will try anyways - it is not uncommon for a popular universe to have multiple versions. There are at least a half dozen different versions of Ninja Turtles, and a half dozen different versions of Spider-Man, just to name two. All these versions have similarities but if you tried to combine them you'd go nuts. It's something, as a fan, you just have to accept (and perhaps even embrace).
And even a universe like Star Trek, that tries very hard to maintain continuity, still messes up, and can't keep everything perfectly straight.

Now it is perfectly alright to not like all particular subsets of a universe - just please don't trash us that do.

That being said I do NOT think they should make a Muppet Babies movie. I would much rather they released the original, preferably early, episodes on DVD. Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that a MuB movie was in the works. It is highly unlikely they would get much of the original cast and crew back. Now new voices we could probably learn to live with but we'd have lost the great writing as well.

Also, I'm the first to admit, Muppet Babies was not always good. By the end of it's run it was horrible. Heck, I realized as a child that the show had 'jumped the shark' as they say (although I didn't realize that is what it is called).

Fireimps87

Reaction score
i think the MTM was like the MM and the GMC, they all knew it was a movie, cause Kermit and Piggy are supposely married, but they still arent *cept in a Muppet Xmas Carol...but thats based on the story* so I think Muppet Babies is part of them.

but anyways...I too dont think it would work...cause with the muppets as babies, right then and there people will assume its a movie for little kids and wont go.