Puppet Builders

DPuppets

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to the list but like to share ideas with other builders. Reply and tell us about your building and maybe a website.

I have been building for about 10 years not and got my start years ago with David Pannabecker. Which still today is a good friend.
www.dpuppets.com

Phantom

Reaction score
Hey,
I've seen your website and have been impressed for along time. I could see the Pannerbecker-esque influences in many of your puppets. It helped inspire me to purchase the Arms Length Videos.

I'm a newbie, but "Trudy", who is my eighth puppet can be seen at the Bear-Town web site in the building contest information. She's my best so far and she incorporates several of the ideas from the ALP videos. I should finish "Mrs. Halloway", a character in a Christmas program I am developing, this week, less her hair (I need to make a trip to Knoxville, TN). She will be my best and she is the first to use Antron.

I look forward to your advice and contribution to the Puppetry Forum. Welcome.

Ben

Mrs. Halloway can best be described as a sweet little old lady who is recently widowed. Just because she is old doesn’t mean she’s not “with it.” She is obviously pure in heart and poor in spirit, which makes her the perfect person to redirect Timmy’s focus during Christmas. She always looks at the good in people and situations and understands that life is only worth living when God is given control. Also, she was probably a real “looker” back in the day

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya!

Hey, great stuff you have built.

The puppets I've built are of my cartoon characters and have appeared all around the MidSouth area, mainly on behalf of the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis and alongside Rock 103 (radio station). Recently we acquired a suit of my main character, Muley. Pics are at either www.picturetrail.com/muleythemule and/or www.midsouthcartoonists.com (the MSCA, which I'm VP over). Soon, there'll be more pics up at www.hauntedweb.com and maybe some somewhere at www.rmhmemphis.org

Welcome to MC! Hope you'll have a long, enjoyable stay while here. Oh, and access to the hot tubs are open til 11 pm!

FOZ

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Welcome to MC! Hope you'll have a long, enjoyable stay while here. Oh, and access to the hot tubs are open til 11 pm!
There are hot tubs?? Why am I always the last to know?!

:stick_out_tongue:

Welcome to MC Dpuppets! I've seen your site and your great puppets before. Always thought they were a little "Pannabecker-ish" and know I know why!

I've got a puppet building project that I am doing online at http://www.bear-town.com/backstage_pages/tumbles_intro.htm - speaking of which, I should really get around to finishing that!

pdbooch

Reaction score
DPuppets said:
Hi,
I am new to the list but like to share ideas with other builders. Reply and tell us about your building and maybe a website.

I have been building for about 10 years not and got my start years ago with David Pannabecker. Which still today is a good friend.
www.dpuppets.com
Howdy DPuppet,
I post here occasionally. You can see some of my puppets in the
link below in my signature. I'm an aspiring puppeteer, trying to change
careers, and get out of an office! My recent puppets are my own creation,
but I'm sure you'll see some influences...hee hee.

I'm currently at work on a cat. I found this brilliant fake fur at
Joann's that was exactly what I wanted (how rare!) And just this
past weekend I used Rit Color Remover for the first (and hopefully)
last time. It is so stinky. I was removing dye from what antron I have left
over, and dyed it blue, for the cat.

I received Arms Length video for Christmas last year and I'm just amazed
and bewildered by the pattern for foam heads Mr. Panibecker uses. I don't know
why it works, nor how to fully develope it myself, but I think I'm getting it.

None the less, welcome. Glad to see another puppet person on board!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
There are hot tubs?? Why am I always the last to know?!!
Yeah, there's two hot tubs on the rooftop patio of MuppetCentral!! Gonzo built them BOTH--still unsure why he felt the urge to do it. Be sure to pay attention to the rules and that there's no lifeguard on duty.

And, yes. You should finish that online project of your's! Just when it got interesting...poof! It was all over. So, go! finish! Don't make me come up there! LOL!! :zany:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
pdbooch said:
Howdy DPuppet,
I post here occasionally. You can see some of my puppets in the
link below in my signature.
Hey Pdbooch, those puppets are nice. I especially like the Audrey II. Did you make a whole set, or just the one?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
And, yes. You should finish that online project of your's! Just when it got interesting...poof! It was all over. So, go! finish! Don't make me come up there! LOL!! :zany:
Actually, I've been working on it...just to lazy to grab all the photos off my digital camera and write the text. Got two more parts of it to go....

pdbooch

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Hey Pdbooch, those puppets are nice. I especially like the Audrey II. Did you make a whole set, or just the one?
Just one Audrey II...well, actually that's not true...years ago (1988) when I was in 6th grade I made an Audrey II in art class out of a football and
plaster of paris. Then a couple years later I made another out of a failed attempt at a scooter puppet. They have not survived. Plus, they looked
wonky.
None the less, this is the only Audrey II puppet I now have. She was made
from foam, fake leaves and the dried flower spray paint mentioned in
The Foam Book. Very light weight and flexible.
Thanks for asking.