Puppeteer Auditions in NYC this Friday!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi all! This may be too late already, but I just heard about this in a meeting today with some folks in NY...apparently Nickelodeon is looking for some puppeteers for an audition in NYC this Friday....if you are interested in auditioning you should email someone named Meghan over at Nick ASAP at: megyraff@yahoo.com (if you're reading this Thursday or Friday it may be too late).

Good luck to anyone who goes for it!!!

Whatever

Reaction score
Why does EVERYTHING happen in New York? Here I am trapped in Indiana :mad:

pdbooch

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Hi all! This may be too late already, but I just heard about this in a meeting today with some folks in NY...apparently Nickelodeon is looking for some puppeteers for an audition in NYC this Friday....if you are interested in auditioning you should email someone named Meghan over at Nick ASAP at: megyraff@yahoo.com (if you're reading this Thursday or Friday it may be too late).

Good luck to anyone who goes for it!!!
Thanks for the heads-up. How did you hear about this again? I did a search on
variety.com, but nothing came up there. None the less, thanks.
By the way, how is the puppetry world in Canada. Is it very active?

matleo

Reaction score
yeah, a puppeteer friend e-mailed me about this the other night. it's for a show called lazytown and BTW, the job itself is in Iceland although the auditions are in NYC. What I heard was that Meghan needed a talent list by tuesday at 5 so yeah, it's probably too late. I e-mialed her Mon. night as soon as I heard about it, but I haven't heard anything back yet. SO I don;t know. I'm gonna e-mail her now actually and hopefully I'll hear somethign in the morning. I'll let you know if I do hear anything.

----Matt

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
pdbooch said:
Thanks for the heads-up. How did you hear about this again? I did a search on variety.com, but nothing came up there. None the less, thanks.
It was word of mouth. I was at a meeting with some folks from Austrailia (in New York) about another puppetry project and they mentioned it offhand to me, asking if I had heard anything about it. I ~think~ they may have had some other meetings and/or know some people in town from Nick so it's possible they heard about it that way. I later discovered an email about it had been posted to the Puptcrit list as well.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Buck,

What's this "Puptcrit list" you're talking about? Is it like a bulletin board of some kind?

Thanks,

- Billy :cool:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
PUPTCRIT is a mailing list for the discussion of puppetry and related art forms. The discussions are generally pretty theoretical in nature, but puppet happenings and events also get announced and discussed as well. To subscribe to PUPTCRIT, send a message to

majordomo@lists.village.virginia.edu

You can put anything in the subject line, or leave it blank. In the body of the message, say

subscribe puptcrit

The "majordomo" address above is different from the address of the PUPTCRIT list itself. In order to get a message posted to the list you have to send the message with to:

puptcrit@lists.village.virginia.edu

The message gets distributed to everyone on the list, who can in turn reply and comment on your post to all the other members.

Warning though - this list generates alot of mail sometimes - when I was on it I sometimes got as many as 20 messages in a day. There used to be a digest version (you would get all of the day's messages in one email once a day) but I am not sure if it is still available. You can view and search the PUPTCRIT archive at http://lists.village.virginia.edu/cgi-bin/spoons/archive1.pl?list=puptcrit.archive

For more information you can visit http://lists.village.virginia.edu/cgi-bin/spoons/listinfo.pl?list=puptcrit.info

There is also a full list of puppetry mailing lists on the `net located in the "Online Puppetry Resources" section of the Puppetry Homepage at http://www.puppetry.info/puppetry/other/index.html.