Long John Silvers says "Adios" to Pepe

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kevin

Yeah, being dead must bite. LOL! I remember an ep of Ab Fab where Patsy predicts Edina's tombstone which would read "Eddie, Still No Thinner." LOL!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Still no thinner--

Didn't they do that to the one of the Two Fat Ladies from Food Network after she kicked out?

Geez, that was in bad taste!
And so was that pun!

FOZ

sidcrowe

Reaction score
To Frogboy 4

Hey-you're registered as being at this forum before me. Oh well, there go all our old stats from Delphi. Looks like you leapFROGged right over me! :smile:

Yeah, I'm gonna miss the specific replies. I hope at least that we get one generic message in our normal emails when someone responds. Phil-Frog replied to me and I got an email. I hope that part will work the same. If it doesn't, I just wanna apologize to you or anybody else beforehand if I don't reply to a message right away...or even find it. Like I said, I gotta find out how the forum works a little bit more. Heck, I managed to get my profile pic up...there's hope:cool:

Glad to know your true feelings about LJS. I didn't think you'd really eat that stuff anyway.

CAW!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im a Vegetarian too !

but i dont think i could ever be a vegan, I need milk in my tea !

see ya

Schala

Reaction score
Ooh, I'm a vegetarian too! ^-^ I could never be vegan though, I wouldn't be able to last a day without milk/cheese stuff.

I wish ljs had waited (or Henson if they pulled out or whatever the reason was) until after they had made the Pepe plush. My best friend is totally in love with Pepe and was really looking foward to having the plush of him. :frown:

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
That Stink

Ok lets see of this board will acnologe me as anything over 13 years old :smile: (I had some trouble registering, maybe I should read instead of just click click click).

That really stinks that LJS has drooped Pepe. I finally got hold of one of those place mats and they were quite funny.

One thing i have been thinking about is maybe LJS went into this thinking that it would turn out to be something like the Taco Bell Chiwawa but it didn't turn out the same. I'm sure they pumped more money into this campaign then any other they had done before.

But I’m bummed that was a funny ad campaign. Well i guess we will just have to wait for Pepe on the new Muppet show on Fox.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Maybe it was for the better that LJS dropped Pepe (Help me okay! I've fallen and I can't get up okay). Many of my friends know that I'm a Muppet fan, and whenever they'd see a commercial, they'd tell me. Our conversations usually looked like this:

Friend: "Hey, I saw that Red Lobster commercial."

Me: "What Red Lobster commercial?"

Friend: "You know the one with the shrimp."

Me: "What shrimp?"

Friend: "You know the Muppet shrimp." (and right now they're giving me a look like I don't know a thing about the Muppets at all, and they're the kind of people who confuse Fozzie for Gonzo).

Me: "Oh, you mean Pepe."

Friend: "Yeah, sure."

Me: "Pepe's not a shrimp, he's a king prawn okay!"

Friend: "Whatever."

Me: "Oh yeah, and it's not Red Lobster, it's Long John Silvers."

Friend: "Whatever."

So maybe all of these people seeing Pepe commercials were flocking to Red Lobster looking for the Muppet shrimp...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Veggie Heads...

I'm a vegetarian who likes meat. Do I count for anything now?

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
This bites the dust!!! Not only do I not get LJS over here, that way I can't see the commercials, but even if it DOES come here, it'd be useless. No Pepe doll! No free Pepe with every purchase. I WANT PEPE, DARN IT!!!!! WHO'S WITH ME??? BRING BACK THE PRAWN!!! BRING BACK THE PRAWN!!!