Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see slightly annoyed Bert. That's how he appears to be most of the time. :frown: I'd also like to see some wrinkles in the clothing. I'm sure that wouldn't make the figures less kid frinedly. Those are the details that impress me. They aren't wearing rubberized suits, they're wearing cotton clothes. They should fold and taper in parts. That's what quality is all about. :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Slightly annoyed Bert sounds right to me-- I want plain old ordinary everyday Bert.

Quinn-- you realize you age faster once you have kids, right? 30 with a child is a good three years older than 30 without a kid. Of course there are advantages to having kids-- think of all the Muppety toys we get to buy 'for the kids.' :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd still like to see him taller, with a proportioned head, different eye focus, more stripes on his shirt. legs that aren't so stubby that have room for knees and longer arms. Still looks like slightly taller cartoon now. This is kind of what I mean. To make the figure that I'd like to purchase, they'd pretty much have to start over. :frown:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Even if these are going to be based on cartoons, at least use better cartoons. Looks like they took the least detailed ones they could find. Either that or the sculptors they use are just plain bad.

Where is the fun-4-all guy? There are still many issues yet to be addressed.

radionate

Reaction score
He's most likely trying to close the can of worms he's opened.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once again, I do not blaime the Fun 4 All people, and I don't think you should. Blame Sesame Workshop for those style guides.

Personally, I do think Bert needs a new head completley, and Ernie's Body needs to be a little less dumpy.

Of course, I'd like to see Oscar's fur really crazy and untamed. It's hard to explain, but he has very tangled mangled fur that I'd like to see.

And I vote for a Slightly annoyed Bert as well...

And can there be any drapery on the clothing, folds etc. That would make it much better... and the jeans/ pants that they both wear would benifit from some denim style texturing.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
Quinn-- you realize you age faster once you have kids, right? 30 with a child is a good three years older than 30 without a kid.
Ha ha, Quinn! Now you're 2 years OLDER than me!! Nyaaaa :stick_out_tongue:

My suggestion on Bert is to start over on him with a new look at the shape of the puppet's head, placement of his eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth, etc. I agree that more stripes could work because the old action figures I own of the SS characters has more strips, but still not the kind of quality I expect in action figures nowadays! Slightly annoyed Bert is a great idea. But, heck, if they just did Bert with a good formed head and lined his eyebrow along the top of his eyes that could be a great look, not bent or anything, then we could let that be regular, angry, annoyed or whatever Bert.

Tooth, I think Nate meant Pdiresta might be out trying to get our examples and interests in these figures worked out! Hopefully he'll understand that fan input from folks like us who love these characters will make his line a success--look waht it's done for The Muppet Show!

For all others, for GOOD illustrations of the SS Muppets, I posted a link a few pages back, go find it and look at it. THAT'S what I want the characters to look like if they ahve to be based on toons, with a few tweaks here and there (color, etc).

pdiresta

Reaction score
hey all,
Thanks for all the great insight! I meet with Sesame Workshop on Thursday to go over the first level of revisions. I'll let you know how it goes (on Friday)...

Status
Not open for further replies.