Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionate

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Once again, I do not blaime the Fun 4 All people, and I don't think you should. Blame Sesame Workshop for those style guides.
James, I just don't understand your perspective on this.

We can't have our cake and eat it to on these things.

If they are going to be a stylized version, then how likely do you think it is for Sesame Workshop to okay an Orange Oscar the Grouch, when he only appeared briefly, and only in puppet form?

If these are supposed to be marketed to Children and Adults, how likely is it to you that a stylized version of a character that a child has never seen on the show will be produced?

Blaming the style guide isn't the way to go on this. It's been stated that the style guide features actual representations of the puppets, and stylized examples of some of the main characters themselves.

I'm not trying to be mean at all. But I really think that this has been the case of someone who got a little excited, is a little "green" in the toy industry, and had no idea what they were getting into when they jumped into this forum to announce their new toy line.

If you are going to present art to the masses, you have to be able to take the criticism with the praise. That comes in any artistic medium whether it be acting, painting, scultpting, etc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I do have my stand on the style guides, and I will stand by it. I just wonder who in SW's marketing department decided on that. I looked at the T-shirts on the hot topic site, and I really think they are pretty odd looking illustraitions. They work for T-shirts fine (I actually have an Ernie T shirt that is as dumpy as the prototype action figure) but as for 3D, they look off.

I do still think that F4A needs to haggle for the rights to the Muppet versions, and not these weird illustrations. To me, that's the main issue.

Reguardless, here's a compilation thus so far of the comments and changes we are all talking about

1. Bert: Different head shape and expression, drapery on the clothing. More stripes on shirt. Texturization on clothes. Pointing finger could be changed.
  2. Ernie: Needs to be thinner, at least to give the body an illusion of better length. More stripes, drapery, and texturization on clothing
  3. Oscar: Wilder, more jagged fur. Are detatchable legs an option? Explain the popping out feature.
  4. Cookie: Letter of the day stickers to use with the cookie(s). Darker, layered fur. His body needs to be more oblongish, and not so round so fast. His eyes need to be smaller.
  5. Grover: Will his cape, Helmet, and Embelum be removable? Darker fur. More layered fur...

As far as I can remember.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Every licensor receives a style guide from the company. They are notoriously bad. Palisades received one, but they to be taken with a grain of salt. The intention is not to copy them, but allow it to influence the spirit of the product. Palisades is the perfect example because they use the style guide in conjunction with the puppet images to get the correct height, weight and look of the characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
... right! And let's hope that we can have the same situation here! Please haggle a little when you meet with SW....

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Haggle a lot. LOL!

It's your money, your license and you guys should have a great deal of say as long as the spirit of the characters is intact. :smile:

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Is there any way that printing this thread out, with pictures, may help your case to make them look more like the puppets? If so, then print it! And haggle. And prod, plead, beg, and throw cash to make them right!

Please :cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But cartoon likeness or not, some drapery would really make the clothing pop, and not look just painted on...

(I stupidly didn't notice that before)

A good example is the Scooter figure... :wink:

Gonzo

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
30 with a child is a good three years older than 30 without a kid.
Is *THAT* what's happening to me?

:sleep:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yep, and THAT makes you older than me! HAH HAH!!

But, then again, you were no national tv, and I'm still sitting around local tv and radio living in an apartment by the train tracks.

*sigh.*

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
Is *THAT* what's happening to me?

:sleep:
I don't know about you, but it's definitely what's happening to me. Of course I have two and you only have one, so maybe the effect is milder for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.