Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxlforge

Reaction score
I never bought an action figure until I was 28. Now I am surrounded by them. Age has nothing to do with collecting.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
pxlforge said:
I never bought an action figure until I was 28. Now I am surrounded by them. Age has nothing to do with collecting.
Age also has little to do with the desire to play with toys. A neat toy is a neat toy!

:smile:

ReoRogerz

Reaction score
Muppet Quilter has a point. If these accessories are too small for little kids to play with, they're going to go crazy if they can't have them. And yes, there are more kids who watch Sesame Street than toy collectors. Since the day I heard about these figures I've gone on here stating how these figures need to have the detail that the Muppet figures have and I hope they do, but with the points that have been made, the chances of the older crowd getting disappointed by these figures are very good.

As for making figures of the adults, I wouldn't suggest it, they won't sell. The kids aren't going to want them, they're going to want the Muppets, after all, that's who they tune in to see. Although, it would be ILL if they made a Mr. Hooper figure. Again, it unfortunately won't sell, they'll probably make it an exclusive for that reason, but it would be great to see him immortalized like that. BTW, can you believe it's been TWENTY YEARS since his death. Amazing.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Actually...

Well, of course we would WANT the figures to be of the quality we are used to (SPOILED with in fact) with Palisades, but we can't really EXPECT that. I am SURE the detail will be there, but maybe not in teh way we would absolutely want. Mr Diresta, I am SO down with these figs no matter how you make them, as long as the size is good. The Muppets were always alot like cousins to the SST gang to me anyway, so I don't expect them to be absolutely melded with another line anyway. Let us know what's going on over there sometime!!!

josh

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree... I'd love Palisades Quality... but come on.. Palisades isn't the only toy company out there... I feel that even if they look exactly like the protos they will still be a billion times better than those Simpsonss and Hulk Movie action figures...

But I still think these are going to go further as time goes by... wait and see.

ReoRogerz

Reaction score
Are you crazy, the Simpsons figures are awesome. They really scored a home run with those. And sorry to tell you, but those sold A LOT more than the Muppet Show figures did. The line jumped the shark when they changed the packaging and made it confusing for collector's, but they are one of the greatest lines I've ever seen. It's sad to see it coming to an end, as they're running out of characters and are now left with just variants of characters they've already done, but those are some great figures. As big a Muppet mark as I am, you can't deny the greatness of the Simpsons figures.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I agree... I'd love Palisades Quality... but come on.. Palisades isn't the only toy company out there... I feel that even if they look exactly like the protos they will still be a billion times better than those Simpsonss and Hulk Movie action figures...

But I still think these are going to go further as time goes by... wait and see.
I'd have to agree with Dr. Tooth although I'm not so sure the SS line will sell better than the Simpson one, although I must say the only reason I think the Simpson line was so popular was because of the characters rather than the action figures, I know basing figures on animation is hard since there isn't that much detail but come on do I really need to start talking about their playsets?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
ReoRogerz said:
Are you crazy, the Simpsons figures are awesome. They really scored a home run with those. And sorry to tell you, but those sold A LOT more than the Muppet Show figures did. The line jumped the shark when they changed the packaging and made it confusing for collector's, but they are one of the greatest lines I've ever seen. It's sad to see it coming to an end, as they're running out of characters and are now left with just variants of characters they've already done, but those are some great figures. As big a Muppet mark as I am, you can't deny the greatness of the Simpsons figures.
While the Simpsons aren't my favorite property, I acknowledge that they have a show on the air and are very popular right to modern consumers. The sets on the other hand are pretty cheesy, but they are also cheaply priced. It appears to me that details are the enemy of Simpsons figure designers, but they are cute and cater to that market. They also demonstrate the simplicity of the characters. They have no dense textures like the Muppets. They are perfectly fine for what they are and I would have found them "great" if I were new to the world of action figures.

However, to say the current Palisades figures have jumped the shark is to be terribly misinformed. Series five has done very well. Package revision came from Henson to keep their products uniform, but it there's no way it could confuse the most vacuous of simpletons. The Muppets are much more detailed characters and Palisades is a top form company trying to push the envelope on quality and articulation. I have a feeling if they took over the Simpsons license that the line would be twice as popular as it is now. The bottom line is - they care and it shows. It is a business, but it's not all business with them.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
However, to say the current Palisades figures have jumped the shark is to be terribly misinformed. Series five has done very well. Package revision came from Henson to keep their products uniform, but it there's no way it could confuse the most vacuous of simpletons. The Muppets are much more detailed characters and Palisades is a top form company trying to push the envelope on quality and articulation. I have a feeling if they took over the Simpsons license that the line would be twice as popular as it is now. The bottom line is - they care and it shows. It is a business, but it's not all business with them.
I think he was talking about the Simpsons figures. Not the Muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.