Backers Credits/Electronic Chimes

ssetta

Reaction score
Many of you are probably familiar with the music that played over the backers credits, or the fundraisers at the end of the show. It can be heard at the end of most Unpaved shows. But what I'm wondering is, what do you think that piece of music is called, and I wonder how long it actually ran. It wasn't always the same length. It was sometimes short, and sometimes long. The longest I've ever heard it was on 1095, and I would love to hear the full version of it. Does anyone have this as an MP3 file or anything?

P.S. I don't even know if it was written for Sesame Street, for some reason, I remember hearing it on the credits of another show, and I don't think it had anything to do with SS.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Many of you are probably familiar with the music that played over the backers credits, or the fundraisers at the end of the show. It can be heard at the end of most Unpaved shows. But what I'm wondering is, what do you think that piece of music is called, and I wonder how long it actually ran. It wasn't always the same length. It was sometimes short, and sometimes long. The longest I've ever heard it was on 1095, and I would love to hear the full version of it. Does anyone have this as an MP3 file or anything?

P.S. I don't even know if it was written for Sesame Street, for some reason, I remember hearing it on the credits of another show, and I don't think it had anything to do with SS.

Does anyone know anything about this?
I used to think it was only the ending of the Canadian Sesame's! Then I got a copy of #514 and it was on there. I was a little surprised. That RIDICULOUSLY fast drum intro always caught my attention. Sorry, but that's all I have to say, don't know anything about it either. I've never actually thought about what it's called or where it's from! Oh, great, now I will!

later
eric

Stupendous Man

Reaction score
When I first saw the Noggin version of #2615, I noticed that the last two measures of the music were repeated, and the music kept playing during the "SS was originally produced for PBS" caption. Later, when I watched the PBS version of the show, the music played normally without looping. I wonder why the editors did that when it was shown on Noggin...was it for timing purposes or something?

superboober

Reaction score
That would seem the likely explanation. Did they show the programs on Noggin with or without commercials?

And while we're on that topic, did the "horns and bells" end the same year the shows credits were revamped in the mid 90s?

zhelder

Reaction score
superboober said:
That would seem the likely explanation. Did they show the programs on Noggin with or without commercials?

And while we're on that topic, did the "horns and bells" end the same year the shows credits were revamped in the mid 90s?

Yes, during the 1992-1993 season, when it was replaced with an instrumental variation on the new lobotomized theme. I believe the "horns and bells" theme began with the 1972-1973 season. I wish they'd bring it back!