Farscape mini-series in development for 2004

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's more info on Farscape. The mini-series will begin filming on December 15th.

Farscape Miniseries In Works

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans Serif]SCI FI Wire has learned that production will begin Dec. 15 in Australia on a new four-hour Farscape miniseries, with stars Ben Browder, Claudia Black and others reprising their roles. A source close to the production told the Wire that series creators Rockne O'Bannon and David Kemper are readying a script for the miniseries, which as yet has no air date and no TV distribution deal. The SCI FI Channel, which originally aired four seasons of Farscape, had no comment on the report. A spokesperson for Jim Henson Co., which produced the series, also had no comment.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans Serif]The proposed miniseries will probably wrap up the events of the show, which ended with a cliffhanger. The source added, "I believe it will certainly air on television. At this point, it's in the early stages of finding that home."[/font]

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-tv.html?2003-12/09/11.15.tv

rjyoo

Reaction score
OFFICIAL news!

SCI FI Brings Back Farscape from SciFi Wire

SCI FI announced it will be bringing back Farscape with an all-new miniseries — called Farscape: Peacekeeper War — slated to air in the fourth quarter of this year. The four-hour miniseries picks up where the cliffhanger series finale left off and will reunite John Crichton (Ben Browder), Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) and the rest of the Moya crew.

Farscape creator Rockne O'Bannon and executive producer David Kemper wrote the miniseries, which was directed by Brian Henson. "Peacekeeper War" was produced by the Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment, and executive produced by Robert Halmi Jr.

SCI FI will make the official announcement at noon on Monday, April 5, during the channel's advertising sales "upfront" presentation.

TV Guide: Ask Matt

Like any Farscape fan, I was thrilled to hear the news of the anticipated miniseries production. Since that time, I am surprised that little to no news of the production can be found. As a sci-fi fan in general, I am accustomed to the fervor associated with grasping for any nugget of information regarding a production. I find it odd that so little can be said about this highly anticipated return even among its own inner circle of followers. My question is, do you believe that the reason for so little info is that Henson is still looking for a home for the miniseries before announcing its official production, thereby releasing the floodgates for news on the miniseries? If so, have you heard any rumors as to where Farscape the miniseries might find a home? I worry that the final outcome of this unresolved situation will not only make or break the miniseries' ratings, but also any possible return for the series itself. — David L.

Matt:
I don't know why there wasn't more news issuing from the set during production, but I think your wait is nearly over for news about when and where the Farscape miniseries will air. Keep an eye on our entertainment news column. An announcement may have gone out by the time you read this. And I imagine once the miniseries nears its airdate, there will be plenty of fan-oriented news and features to satisfy your appetite. I know I'll be counting the days until I get to revisit my favorite sci-fi show, possibly ever.

For more news on the mini series check out watchfarscape.com!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Woo-hoo!! Awesome news!

I'm happy that it'll be on SFC, though a little surprised, due to all the supposed bad blood between the companies. The miniseries will probably air in December, like their other minis, and they usually do quite well in the ratings and with critics (Dune, Taken, Battlestar Galactica).

Brian is directing all four hours. Cool. :smile: I'm glad his schedule is freed up now where he can do this kind of thing. Brian's a brilliant director.

doctort13

Reaction score
Great news, but...

I canceled SCI FI because they canceled Farscape (and Lexx, Secret Adventures of Jules Verne, and Good Vs. Evil).

I'll wait for the DVD. :grouchy:

towels

Reaction score
Yeah, they wanted to get away from the space fanboy geek image as you can tell by their recent additions of a Stargate spin-off and Roddenberry's Andromeda. :rolleyes: