Goodies, Goodie, Goddie yum, yum --- and the Muppets

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't know how many peopl here still remeber the Goodies? They apear on Television sometimes in England and have just come out on DVD.

WEll, I borowed a copy of teh DVD from teh library and was well surpriced to find taht with the end of the world nigh (again) One of the Goodies was worried about how the Muppets would feel about it. The other Goodie, Grahaem, imediatly comenced a Muppet sketch proving the Muppets were only socks.

He used a pair of green tights and kniting needles as Kermit, a mop and a pair of underpants as Miss Piggy, A jumper as Foz\zie, and a feather duster as, I don't know who, he then sang some of 'Halfway down teh stairs,' with the green pair of tigts.

Tim, then ran into teh kitchen and threw teh fridge at him for saying they were Puppets!

It was well funny, so anyone in England, here is another reason to go out and get the Goodie's at Last, DVD

smcguire

Reaction score
Hey Beauregard,

I remember the Goodies, even though I live in the US. We used to watch them on PBS when I was a kid and laugh and laugh. I've been waiting impatiently for the day they come out on DVD. I imported "The Goodies... at Last" DVD, but I haven't watched all the episodes yet so I haven't seen the Muppet bit. Thanks for the tip... something to look forward to!

Hopefully more Goodies DVDs are in the works...

--Scott M.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope so too, after all they have about 60 episodes....though I thinka few won't ever make it to DVD so un Politically Corect are they....

The Muppets bit is in the one about the Earth going to be blown up on Christmas Eve. (And I won't give away the ending, if you havn't seen it)

BTW, who are your favorite Goodies, in order of fav. , and what is your fav. episode on the DVD?

smcguire

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
BTW, who are your favorite Goodies, in order of fav. , and what is your fav. episode on the DVD?
I don't think I have a favorite Goodies. They're all, uh, good!

I've only watched 4 of the 8 episodes, so it's a bit hard to say, but really you can't go wrong with "Kitten Kong." The lighthouse one was good too. The episodes I remember best from long ago (besides Kitten Kong) are the ones where rabbits take over the moon, and the Winter Olympics one... wish those had made it to the DVD!

--Scott M.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I want to see the clown one, got to hope they make another DVD.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
whats the one where the earth moving equipment comes to life? ive got catches of episodes in my head, i just cant seem to piece a whole episode together...i actually saw in the target catalogue today, that they are releasing a box set of the goodies dvds for xmas...i think i must get it...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I hate 120 seconds rules......join teh rebelion...Fun and Games

Where did you hear that? I wana' get it tooooo :cool:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Where did you hear that? I wana' get it tooooo :cool:
it was just in the target catalouge...maybe they will only release it in australia at the moment...
:smirk:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Does target have a website?
hmm, not sure..i had another look into though, it seems that its only the only dvd that includes 8 episodes..i dont know what the episodes are.
you should be able to get it somewhere other than target, you guys have department stores over in the us of a dontcha?