Pet Peeves

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
People---especially people in power---who say "nuc-u-lur" instead of nuc-le-ar! Look at the way the word is spelled! I won't name names, but the person who commits this infraction the most is currently working under the title of President of the United States!

I don't know why it bugs me so much, but it makes me want to scream every time I hear this word mispronounced. I mean, it IS a pretty important word, right?

Jennifer
AAAAAAAAGGGHHH!! OMG ME TOOOOOO!!!!

:grouchy:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Pop-up ads! In the past few days I've had so many I can barely function online, and all these error messages and everything keep popping up now too. And Explorer keeps quitting on me, and AIM is totally malfunctioning. Grrrrr... :grouchy:
Erin
OMG, ME TOOOOOOO!!!!

HOW DO WE STOP THIS?!?!?!

:grouchy:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Yes, and too, hypercritical people inevitably are so miserable within, that criticism is their only comfort. So, just go your merry way from them'uns.
Yeah---at least online it's a LOT easier to avoid/ignore 'em! lol :cool:

:wink:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
jediX said:
Anyway, I hate mint toothpaste. Why the ^#@* do they only make effective toothpastes in MINT or BAKING SODA?! YECCH!!! Can't they make unflavored?! Yecch. lol
Lol...dude, just, like, don't brush yer teef! Problem solved. :big_grin:

jediX

Reaction score
You know what one of my new pet peeves is? When people hijack discussions :frown:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Another big peeve: People who tell me I look bored or that I should smile. When there's nothing going on, I have a non-expression on my face. I'm usually thinking about things while there's nothing going on, so maybe a thoughtful expression. It's not like I'm sitting there glowering at the world! I'm not gonna stand there with a plastic smile on my face for four straight hours!! Grrrr...
Erin
OMG AGAIN!! LOL! (Sarah, sorry to offend you with the "LOL!"s, but I do laugh, chuckle, or smirk when I use a variety of an "LOL", lol. lol! :stick_out_tongue: )

YES Erin, there is this girl at work that sits by me that ALL THE TIME is like (all sympathetically and patronizing), "What's wrong?" "What's wrong, Byron?" "Are you in a bad mood?" !!! Drives me CRAZY!! :grouchy:

NO!! I am just THINKIN' or BORED, exCUSE me!!!

*pant, pant, pant*

Okay, thanks---felt good to get that off muh chest! :cool:

jediX

Reaction score
Byron, lol, this wasn't directed to you! lol! It's about the hijacking of my "win! nothing!" game. :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Some o' mine (that ain't really been mentioned yet):

---Guys who DON'T FLUSH---IT'S NOT THAT HARD!!!

REALLY!

IT'S NOT!

---People who DON'T USE THEIR TURN SIGNALS

---People who act like Miss Piggy or Suzanne Sugarbaker to me---it's funny if they do it to others, but not to me, lol :stick_out_tongue:

---People who take things you say and twist it for their own ignorant benefit

---"To Be Continued"s (this was an epidimic in the '80s, lol)

---When insensitive, inhumane people are put in powers of position/authority

---People who, if you make a mistake (which you LEARN from, helLO), rail all over you and act all holier than thou, but o, Heaven forbid they should make a mistake! GRRRRRrrrrrrrr...

---People who think Disney is "kid stuff"

---When you have to call some sort of Tech Support or Customer Service #, and it's really important, and you get a foreigner you can't understand! (no offense to foreign Muppet fans here, it's just that the West Indies/Oriental people I've talked with were VERY hard to understand, and I didn't get my business taken care of! They've done stuff that just aggravates the problem!)

---People who pity you if you're single when THAT'S THE WAY YOU'RE PERFECTLY HAPPY!!!

---When I just get to work and that girl who sits by me goes, "Are you having a good day?" I dunno, I just got up!! She does it like every day, she KNOWS I wake up RIGHT before I go to work, and it just bugs me!

---People who, when you tell 'em somethin' you need to get across to 'em, and no matter HOW many times you do, it goes in one ear and right out the other!

---People who don't even acknowledge your courtesy. These are the folks who act like you're invisible when you hold a door open for 'em, or the ones you let go in front of you in the checkout line and they don't even THANK you---GRRRRRrrrrrrr!

1ann4kermie

Reaction score
--I work in retail, the people that stay on their cell phone while I'm ringing them up, or worse yet while I am trying to help them (after they asked me for help)

--sitting down to a nice dinner in a yummy resturant, and someones cell phone goes off, and they ignore it like its diseased

--when someone you live with turns on something you don't care for, then leaves the room, and listens to none of it, but complains if you turn it off

--I've been dating my boyfriend for a year....and I always get the question "when are you guys getting married?"

--when people tell me to smile

--people who get in the fast lane, and then go slower than the speed limit

--when people ask you if it hurt to get the tattoo

--racisim and people who are intolerant to the gay/lesbian population

--having bills, instead of having money to get all the muppet stuff that catches my eye---sigh

Beebers

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I sell calendars. It's just a seasonal place. We're about to get really busy - I work again on Black Friday!! :eek: It might be busiest after Christmas, though, because that's when everything goes on sale for half price! :wink:

Oh, another pet peeve (I've just been keeping an eye out for 'em since this thread started :stick_out_tongue: ): news shows that are always spouting "EXCLUSIVE". Like in Erie with this pizza bomber thing, we keep seeing all this stuff on our local ABC about it, like when it first came out "WJET was the first on the scene" and blah blah blah and all this exclusive footage and everything... I mean, this is a tragic event and they're just using it to pump themselves up! It seems pretty crass to me.
Erin

In our area, the local news shows always, always do this:

At nine a.m., in ominous announcer-voice - HOW YOUR HOUSE IS KILLING YOU. News at eleven (p.m.).

AX-MURDERER ESCAPED FROM LOCAL PRISON - News at eleven (p.m.).

They say awful things and then make you wait till the middle of the night to find out about it.