What type of puppetry is your favorite?

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Mine personally is hand and rod...but I recomend of trying all types of puppetry that are available to you such as bunraku...fun style!!Plus black light puppetry..if you want a challenge try marrionetts people that are professionals make this to look so easy but the truth is the more the strings the more complicated they are..plus if you are ever bored just do some research on the many styles you would be surprised how old some of the styles are.I actually did a report for school, actually concerning Jim Henson but I had to include the many different styles as well and the information I found was so interesting. Just wondering who likes to do what...

tip: if you love doing lip synch and you are an advanced puppeteer that needs a challenge a good way is to practice lip synch by listening to the radio and not knowing the songs. This helps you to concentrate even more what your character is doing and what your hand is doing..It is something I enjoy doing and if you are a beginner the best way to practice lip synch is to a song you know by heart separating the words by syllables...such as foot-ball by opening the puppets mouth on the word and keeping the puppets mouth close because puppets have bad breath(just kidding....I tell this to my beginner puppeteers)...if you already know this, then great!!Keep practicing!!!

-Sandee- :smile:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
My favorite type are hand puppets, I like the fact that you can interact with the enviroment by picking objects up, or just the fact you can be very expressive. Also a fun thing to do is to lip-synch to the TV... My friend and I do it all the time, it's great entertainment!
:crazy:

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I will def. have to try the lip synch to a tv show or boring commercials...hmm it sounds very interesting and something I have not tried yet. Thanks for an interesting idea for an easily entertained college student!

-Sandee

Super Scooter

Reaction score
hand and rod. or hand and live hand

wooden marionettes used to scare me something awful! I saw a performance of Pinnochio once at a fair... *shudder* that started it all. I think I was 4 when I saw that... maybe 5. cloth marionettes don't bother me so much.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Craig Crane said:
one that pays....
RIGHT ON!! They're too far and few between for me--paying gigs that is!

Love hand and rod/hand live hand puppetry.

I can't do ventriloquism, marionnettes, or shadow puppets.

puppets_etc

Reaction score
HI ALL! :excited:
Gotta go with the human hand style myself:embarrassed: I normally make alot of hand gestures when I'm talking, so it just seems more natural to me.

Deb:flirt:

Rugby

Reaction score
My favorite is definitely muppetry. :smile:

ddavisborg

Reaction score
My favorite is hand puppets. I just got completed making three black light puppets for a church program. I really like the black light stuff!

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
I'm really partial to hand puppetry, it's one that I can easily do and I find it to be so enjoyable to watch as well.
I know I'm one of the few- but I love marionnettes, there is just something to graceful and delicate about those puppets. But they used to freak me out as a small child!