It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas DVD UK

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Hello all,
I know this isn't released untill next week, but one of the benefits of working at a video hire store is that we get the video's/ dvd's a few days before the release day.
So yesterday evening i sat down to watch the dvd, now most of you know what I think about the movie in general, i loved it.
What I want to talk about is the extra's ie the trailer and deleted scenes.

Pepe's Studio

I don't know what the US dvd was like, but the UK dvd featured a two minute interview with Kirk Thatcher before he and Pepe introduced the deleted scenes

There was a scene from Moulin Scrooged where Sam the Eagle played Baron Von Scrooge who tried to take Saltine from Kermit, Naturally Piggy eneded up going back to Kermit and there was a little more dialogue between the two of them.

a 'Heaven' Scene where William H Macy explains that they have a new fast-tracking approach to Miracle requests.

There was also a scene in which Santa Claus leaves the Muppet Theatre saying he has to deliver presents and Bobo is drafted in to play Santa.

A bizarre scene involving Kirk Thatcher and Bill Barretta, but thats enough of that can't spoil it all for you.

The Trailer

Not much to say except they too some really good bits of the movie and used a voiceover to explain what was going on.

The biggest disapointment was we didn't get the feature on Kermits Hollywod ceremony which I belive the USA dvd has.

Now this may just be the rental version but i can't see them adding extra bits to the general release.
Jamie

JamieDenny

Reaction score
petrieboy said:
Thank you
What was the aspect ratio?
I have no idea what you mean by aspect ratio, sorry am not technical enough.
Jamie

JamieDenny

Reaction score
petrieboy said:
Is it fullscreen or widescreen?
Ahhh okay, I think like the television showing its widescreen but it was a few days ago when i watched it.
Jamie

smcguire

Reaction score
I have finally gotten the UK DVD of "It's a Very Merry Muppet Chirstmas," and I compared the main feature's video with the US DVD release.

While it's been generally implied here and there on the board, I wanted to confirm that the UK release is widescreen (1.66:1 aspecte ratio, anamorphically enhanced), and in a side-by-side comparison of the US and the UK versions, the UK version definitely shows more picture on the sides. For instance in the UK version, you can always see the wings of the cherubs holding up God's TV, whereas they're usually chopped off in the US version.

The widescreen version generally seems to have better picture composition, at least in the scenes I checked. The fullscreen composition is by no means bad, but after seeing the widescreen version, it was better. Too bad they didn't release it in the US that way...

--Scott M.

smcguire

Reaction score
smcguire said:
While it's been generally implied here and there on the board, I wanted to confirm that the UK release is widescreen (1.66:1 aspecte ratio, anamorphically enhanced)
Oops. For the record, I meant the UK is widescreen with a 1.77:1 (aka 16:9) aspect ratio, not 1.66:1.

--Scott M.