It's Official: Series 9 & 10 Announced!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah I can see limiting GOSA as a good move. You don't make so many that you are left with unsold ones and doing a smaller run should help create a bit of a WW Dr Teeth situation making what is made more desirable and sell it out. Those crazy kids at Palisades sure know their game.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
ResidentLilly said:
I agree. In fact that's why we are really limiting that one. It's for a smaller show and the exclusive needed to be one that could be achieved without a lot of added tooling. It certainly fits that bill, but we know it is not a must have so are therfore lowering the standard run of what is typical of the Con/CC exclusives...
Just make enough of the GOSA figures so's I can get mine. I love it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ghost Sam I like, actually... but I never buy the CC toys... mainly because I'm not in the CC, and would have to stop buying the firgures to get in, with my money.

But I seriously like to collect characters over varients. That's what excited me about this line... Not the different Kermits (though Koosbaine Kermit is the tops!) or Gonzos or Piggies, but the fact that we alsoi have Dr. Teeths, Crazzy harries, Swedish Chefs... the odd guys out.

I have to say, though MTI Gonzo/ Rizzo is a bummer... Unless they do Fat Rizzo (after he at Long John's cooking) I don't see anything too exciting about it. However, if we were to hypothetically change it to MCC Gonzo/ Rizzo.... that's another story! They's be much more exciting... especially if Rizoo came with a Bag of Jelly Beans. But MTI... just a period costume change... nothing distinctive about them in that movie...nothing distinctivew enough for me to care.

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
When i saw Uncle Deadly in Set 10 I almost cried :cry:

This series just keeps getting cooler and cooler. Lips for pete's sake, LIPS!

I need to lay down.

AD

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I saw Lips in that list, too, and I actually was jumping already for all the other figures, but to have Lips seems so right to me to have him in my band line-up! Now, I need to figure what to do to put my Clifford in the band, and I'll begin to get an orchestra.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
What are your suggestions for variants?
In addition to the ones I've already mentioned, I could probably think of a handful of others. (How about Kermit & Fozzie in their "pizza guy" outfits from GMC?) But that's not the point. Pallisades is already doing that kind of thing -- the MTI figures, Koosebane Kermit, Tutu Pepe, etc. And yes, the Jim figure is brilliant. All I was saying was that I enjoy those figures, and the non-show specific ones leave me cold.

frogboy4 said:
You have to exclude Miss Piggy because she has proven to be a tough sell.
Really? Fascinating. That's ironic, considering how hot Miss Piggy merchandise was once upon a time. But the audience before was mass-audience females, not fanboys. Sorry, that was a tangent. :wink:

frogboy4 said:
You must remember that this line isn't geared to only one individual. There's something for every Muppet fan. Balance.
I think you and Luke and a couple other people have misread me on this point. I'm not trying to wildly commandeer this line for my own ends. That would just be plain silly. I deliberately selected examples like Banjo Kermit and Biker Piggy because I thought they'd have the most appeal for everyone.

People keep saying that Pallisades is releasing these variants because they're trying to please everybody. Well, was anyone actually asking for "Vacation" figures prior to their release? That may sound sarcastic, but I don't mean it that way. I haven't been able to keep up with all the Pallisades threads, so I'd honestly like to hear from people who told Ken that they wanted figures outside of familiar costumes/scenes. If people WERE clamoring for them (and I was unaware of this), then Pallisades is just doing their job and my argument is moot. My only concern was what the group as a whole would want (since due to my current finances, buying action figures is a slow process anyway).

Sorry this has gotten so blown out of proportion. (If I still sound kind of like a :grouchy: in this post, I don't mean to. I'm more puzzled than anything else.) I meant to send out a loud "yay" for these figures overall, and a small shrug for the ones I didn't care about. I apologize for my words being interpreted a different way.

And now if you'll excuse me, I need to go pester Ken to make a "Goatherd" figure from the Julie Andrews episode that addresses me specifically by name. :wink: :stick_out_tongue: (Kidding!)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you could always get yourself a spare base guitar from an extra Floyd Pepper figure, and give Clifford either that or Janice's tambourine.
Hope that helps and have a good day.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Be sure to tell him to make a Julie Andrews figure, too! LOL!!

I like the vacation figures and other exclusives, but I only get the exclusives when they are available to me, as well as chase figures, but because of money and time constraints I don't rush right out searching all over for them if they aren't easily available to me. Which is why I'm thankful Palisades has the special orders part of their site!!

And I agree, I DO so very much want the Kermit/Fozzie "Pizza Guys" from GMC!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
And I agree, I DO so very much want the Kermit/Fozzie "Pizza Guys" from GMC!!
Yes! If anything at least a PVC...

But I really want to see if they can reconsider making Gonzo and Rizzo from MCC instead of MTI....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I want to complete my set of MTI before we begin figures from MCC myself. If they don't get to them, in 2005, they could renew the license, maybe get JHH as part of the license then and do the MCC gang.

There's still very many more characters they could do at this point.