Very Merry Muppet Christmas reairs on NBC December 6th

Fozzie

Reaction score
I love this movie. I bought it on DVD a few weeks ago. Some of the cut scenes are hilarious! I taped this movie when it came on last year and couldn't find it after that.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm watching it on TV right now. We just got home from Buffalo and it was on. We have it on tape from last year, but it's always fun to see Christmas specials actually on TV. :cool:
Erin

rexcrk

Reaction score
It's a very merry muppet christmas movie was great! I had seen it last year, but I lost the tape. There was a lot I had forgotten about it. I especially loved how Scooter and Janice got some speaking parts! :wink: :flirt:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I really liked this movie too, and the dvd is great. If you missed it tonight, though, I think the Hallmark channel will be reairing it again in the evening on December 17th.

:smile:

A-N-I-M-A-L

Reaction score
Merry Muppet Christmas

If anyone could be so kind as to tell me of a site where I could download the entire movie of Merry Muppet Christmas I'd be quite grateful thank you.

A-N-I-M-A-L

Reaction score
Where To Download Merry Muppet X-mas

someone PLEASE tell me where to download MERRY MUPPET CHRISTMAS I'd be extremley grateful

Erine81981

Reaction score
I didn't see it last night but did buy it on dvd. I can't wait to watch all the goods. :smile:

petrieboy

Reaction score
Last year I watched it with my friend Tiffany, 27, who said "I would be offended by this, but to me the Muppets died when Jim Henson died. They will never recapture his magic. These are not the real Muppets."

This year I watched with my gay liberal school counselor friend Tom, 33, and he said, "This is my least favorite Muppet movie. They are going way over the boundaries. I think someone was trying to make a political statement casting Whoopi as God." He gasped at Joan Cusack shoving Pepe against her breasts after telling him he'll get his "Christmas bonus." He dropped his jaw at Scooter in the rave cage. He was in disbelief over the flaming gay pig dance instructor- and found it horribly wrong that he grabbed Kermit's butt.

At one point, he said "If I see or hear one more product or name placement, we are turning this off. Was this just for money? The magic of the Muppets was that they always were an entity to themselves, interacting with their human counterparts, but always true to themselves- now their company seems to be pushing more and more of the outside world garbage and crap into them, fusing them together so that they are no different than the outside world, and it's disturbing and sad." He was also sad to hear Janice's very weak imitation of a voice.

My letdown came last year, and so I was able to enjoy some of it a bit more this year - and feel depressed a bit more at remembering some of the horrors of this movie. It really reminds me of Disney in the 1980's, when they were sort of rebelling against the innocence of Walt, churning out unmemorable fluff, going with the flow of our depraved world. But Disney resurrected itself with The Little Mermaid" in 1989, and their masterpiece "Beauty and the Beast" 2 years later. I hope that Henson regains creativity, puts the musical back in the Muppets (it worked for Disney) and remembers the family on their next outing. And I don't mean Wizard of Oz Muppets, because that's desperation. IAVMMCM showed signs of everything the Muppets could and used to be (especially toward the end of it.) I think they need a STRONG storyline, an original one- just risk everything and do an all-out grand Muppet movie- with music by Alan Menken and directed by Frank Oz or Tim Burton?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I really liked this movie too, and the dvd is great. If you missed it tonight, though, I think the Hallmark channel will be reairing it again in the evening on December 17th.

:smile:
Then it's a good thing I got it on tape since I don't have the Hallmark channel. Lol.

Beebers

Reaction score
I agree with everything petrieboy has to say about this film, and there are additional problems with it. A cardinal rule in writing good scripts is that you never construct the story so that it might become dated. The best films stand the test of time. This one, only two years in, does not.

This film is larded with "current" skit references: the Moulin Rouge/Scrooge scene, crocodile hunter, etc. Ten years from now new people will see this and say WHAT was that, who was THAT supposed to be. This is a deadly practice and you can feel the desperation as you watch it, as if not one original thought crossed any desk anywhere and they knew it.

The timing and pacing, once a Muppet hallmark, are either absent entirely or just plain off, and whoever did the Kermit build for this one should be, well, I won't say. He looks awful. There are several moments, too, when you are listening to Steve Whitmire, not Kermit.

There's a sense that they're trying too hard to please, and all ages at that, and trying too hard to be cool/current/hip. Stand-up comedians have always had a term called "flop sweat". You're standing up there on stage and bombing to a silent audience and flop sweat sets in on you. This movie brings that term to my mind, the desperation of it.

There is not one laugh-out-loud moment. We watched Muppet Family Christmas immediately after the movie last night and the difference in quality, in every aspect, is really pretty shocking.