What sketches made you laugh as a kid?

LittleChrissy

Reaction score
Since we've already discussed what sketches scared us as a kid, I'd like to know which sketches, cartoons, or films made us laugh uncontrollably when we were kids. The funniest one I've seen was the film about the making of a saxophone. When I heard the sax notes that went along with what was happening in the factory, I was ROTFLMAO! :big_grin: How bout you?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I forget excactly what the situation was,but this cartoon character had a portable pump he used to fill a giant balloon.When the balloon finally got so big that it filled the tv screen,it exploded with a bang.The next thing we saw,was him lying on the floor unconciusly knocked out.A door appears in the distance,and out come two cartoon chartacters with a stretcher,who,s feet appear to be sliding across the floor to the sound of a rather distorted siren.They stop next to the main character,but take the portable pump and place it on the stretcher,and then go sliding on their feet to the whacky siren sound,toward the opposite direction,where another door appears out of nowhere.Another cartoon segment I got a kick out of,was where a short guy says'P Packing',and we have another character packing a suitcase.When the person is finished packing their suitcase[I honestly couldn,t tell if they were a man or a woman],they take the'P Pcaking'guy and stuff him in the suitcase.One other funny one was a muppet segment involving Grover and Kermit The Frog.Kermit teaches Grover to climb up the stairs.Grover climbs so high,clouds start passing him by.He finally makes it to the top,to find Kermit sitting comfortably at the very top of the stairs.After he explains to Grover how he got to the top[he took the elevator],Grover exhaustedly falls down the stairs.Kermit then tells us that Grover is showing us the wrong way of climbing down the stairs. :smile:

MaryHadABicycle

Reaction score
The episode where Ernie is making a clay sculpture of Bert & runs out of clay & uses his nose. I was thinking, "wow that must have hurt! and now they still don't look alike because the real Bert doesn't have a nose anymore."
LOL :frown: :stick_out_tongue:

Nickrj

Reaction score
I like this one.

A newspaper boy says "Extra Extra! Read all about it! Four people fooled." and Ernie decides to buy a paper and he says "There isn't any thing in here that says four people fooled" The newspaper boy says "Extra Extra! Read all about it! FIVE people fooled." and Ernie says "I think I just made the news." Hilarious.

Nick Johnson

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The one skit that made me laugh as a kid was the "heeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee fishy fishy fishy fishy!"

Nicole

Reaction score
These Made Me Laugh

I always got a kick out of these:

1. The cartoon about the cat who wanted his owner to open a can of cat food for him and she was about to when the phone rang. She forgot all about the can so the cat tried to open it himself by first biting on it. The part that really made me laugh was when he banged it with a baseball bat! Then he tried jumping on the can, hitting his head on it etc. until she finally noticed him. She said "Oh my gosh, wait a minute." She opened the can, dumped it into his bowl and said "There you are. Come and get it." The cat drags himself to the bowl and he is so tired his head lands in the food.

2. The cartoon about the man who went to bed and said "Sleep. At last." Then a fly wakes him up, then a chicken, and then a rabbit playing the drums! Whenever the rabbit woke him up, he said "A drum-playing rabbit?!" Then after he finally shoos them all out, the phone rings. He picks it up and says "Hello?" and all the sounds come on again!

3. All the Charlie Chaplin sketches that Maria acted out.

Those sketches always made me laugh.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Another funny cartoon sketch I just thought of,was the one were a guy goes to bed for the night.Then he hears the sound of a hammer,then a drill,then other construction noises.He gets out of bed to discover a construction company tearing his house down.When he asks a lady what's going on,she replies:Your house is in the way of the freeway that we're building,so we'll have to tear it down:.

prickle747

Reaction score
I remember laughing over 25 years ago....

The one where Ernie breaks the cookie jar and has keep substituting items then Bert's can't use his cowboy hat cause the goldfish are in it...and the fishbowl is being used for something else...etc.etc.so bert says to ernie what will i use when i play cowboy ??Ernie has an idea:Bert ends up wearing a pot on his head !! "Ride'em Cowboy Bert !" That one's hilarious,and still laugh at this on today :smile: