Henson closes NY office

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Henson shutting down NY office??

Word on Tough Pigs is, they're going to close the New York headquarters.

I wish this weren't true. I hope it isn't. Is there anyone here who can verify this information?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That would stink royally since that was where Jim Henson founded the company, practically!!

Luke

Reaction score
It was rumored just after the close of the UK offices a while back this might happen (either Chaplin or NY) and I guess its more cost effective for them to keep Chaplin. Yes, it's a massive shame due to the history of the place but it does help with streamlining and means the Henson Co would have one central base with lots of facilities there which might not be bad. Maybe the kids had wanted everyone to relocate there eventually anyway ? I dunno. Just gotta hope it doesn't mean more people losing their jobs again.

If they do close it, I hope they let the public in for an open day for people to tour it before the end. Obviously they probably need the money so turning it into a Henson museum is most probably out of the question but that would be very fitting.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Sigh, this also crushes my dreams of switching from Sesame to there......

I don't want to move to CA!!!!!!

*whines loudly*

No offense to those who live there.....

beaker

Reaction score
If this is true, it's a sad day for JHC history...but like the Muppet Movie, perhaps it's time for Kermit and the gang to finally move to California.
And as everyone knows, California is where it's at!

...and we know what this means...if there is ever a Muppetfest again, it's coming back here! *wheee*

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Where's Secret Squirrel? We need some kind of confirmation.
If this is true, it's some seriously depressing news. :cry:

KPrell

Reaction score
Wow, first I heard of it.

Jim auditioned and hired me at 117 almost 24 years ago. It was the heart of the company for decades. It's sad to see it go...

Karen

:excited: (inappropriately happy Red smilie)

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, IF this is true: Oh. My. GOD. See, I'm so mad I even said the Lord's name in vain.

How can they CLOSE the NY office? With the staircase, and the mural, and the Bert and Ernie window, that's the physical SYMBOL of the Henson Company to me. Heck, I wanted to work there one day, even as a janitor! I mean, gees, close the Chaplin lot for all I care!

Dear God, that's bananas! At least leave all that stuff in there. Get the City of New York to make it a landmark or something. Sorry, it's sentimental to me and I've never even been.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh man, I agree...but at this point, I'm not surprised at any move these days.
The news we gather from JHC HQ is usually one of closures, layoffs, etc as of late...this sadly is just a more final step. I think could can come of moving and consoliating to Hollywood. New York my be the spiritual homebase of the Muppets, but I think California can be a big new start. Its hard tho...I can imagine all the memories and emotion everyone from staff workers, builders and performers to even fans have of it. I say transplant the artifacts and everything that made that place unique and JHC to the new place!